Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:19 pm

????
Well, you took green for mystery woman, so I guess I'll take another color Wink

King of Life?  I never meet kings?  Mean wizard-man makes me.  I wake up in box once and decide I not like it.  No space.  So I leave.  Eat mean wizard-man.  I am hungry so I eat him.  And he put me in box.

Who is you?  Why you take me away from fun fighting?  
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Grape Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Qarr's DC 25 fort save to prevent from being knocked to ground:

Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+8

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:36 pm

Will Save for Is:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+6
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 am

Eldon Will Save
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
 +12

Spellcraft for Control Winds
+19

Sense Motive (Eldon)
+0

Sense Motive (Mr. Scruffy)
+1

Mr. Scruffy Fort Save
+7

Mr. Scruffy Will Save
+9

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 am

Mr. Scruffy actually fails the fort save because -2 from shaken.

Just realized I couldn't have even made the will save for Mr. Scruffy unless immunity to Frightful Presence counts for a polymorph dragon.  I think this fight is too difficult Pablo. These saves have been ridiculous.  Also, DC 15 Sense Motive to realize the psionic dragon is the reason a party member is attacking other party members?

Eldon, thinking Is just went crazy, lifts Haste from him and Umkelt in case they attack another party member.  He then casts *Spell Enhancer* followed by *Feeblemind* on the dragon.  DC 25 Will save (rolls at -4 if he can cast arcane spells) and caster level for this spell is 15 in case of spell resistance.

Mr. Scruffy bites the dragon again while flying against the wind (since I can't actually full attack if I have to move as well, but if he is immune to Frightful Presence and thus succeeds on the Fort save, he will make a full attack).

1 Bite at 2D6+4
+18/+20 depending on shaken status
Philliam carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
2 , 4

If I'm able to full attack
1 extra Bite at 2D6+4
+15
1 , 1

2 Claws at 1D8+2
Philliam carried out 2 launched of one D8 :
8 , 6

2 Wings 1D6+2
6 , 2

Tail Slap 1D8+6
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D8 :

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:03 pm

If our damage dealers could hit the dragon, we would kill it in 2 hits. We just have to find a way Very Happy

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:22 pm

I can now, when it's my turn, b/c I succeeded the dc 20 will save
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, I think Mr. Scruffy should be immune to said presence. If anything he should have been making every enemy afraid.

Decided to retype.
The Frightful presence save is indeed ridiculous. You're right, but since all it does is Shaken people, it's not a big deal. The rest of the saves overall haven't been bad. Of the 3 times you passed through blade barrier you guys only ever got tickled or unharmed.

The only crazy thing that happened via a lost save was Is one shotting Spunky. It's a DC20 will save though, which is not difficult to make (trivial at best).

Is the encounter too hard? Yes and no. It's too hard because in order to balance versus some of you guys I have to throw things that wreck the rest of you. I'm sorry, this is my fault and it wont happen again. The CR of this fight is actually way below your ECL (minus one error I made :/).

Robe is right, you guys can 1-2 shot that dragon. You guys are all damage dealer builds. This also means all of you guys can one shot each other, as we just saw.

Sense motive being DC15 is per rules. The wind thing doesn't even hurt. So some of the unfair saves don't do much at all. Is is still full HP, Eldin still has a lot of fighting power left as does Hiro.

You are partially right though, I'm sorry and I won't throw an encounter like this at you again (only one left and that involves being in a giant mecha).

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Death

The woman chuckles in what can be described more as a wail than a chuckle and says, "Well aren't you cute, don't worry, we'll find a lot for you to have fun doing here. Maybe you can fight a lich or two."

And with that the woman (who Spunky would realize is the Queen of Death if he cared) leads Spunky on to a glorious death in the afterlife where he can fight eternally.

The M00N

Mr. Scruffy, being a dragon himself, does not give any cares about the roar of the crystal dragon and once again begins to bite and claw at it (I don't see attack rolls, but I'm gonna assume they hit.) Chunks of crystal fall off the dragons body.

As Eldin casts his spell on the dragon, the dragons faces changes from one of frightfulness to one so simplicity. If ever you could describe a dragon as wearing a stupid face, this would be it.

Hiros Turn
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Hiro casts Ray of Exhaustion at the dragon.

+13

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:38 pm

The dragon gets hit by the ray, and seems to slow down slightly but does not seems to be completely exhausted.

Is's turn unless Qarr is going to do something, Qarr is at the same elevation he was before, except 30ft south of where he was before
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Qarr does nothing.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 am

Is finally breaks free of the dragon's mind control, but is rather horrified to find that he has killed Spunky, no matter how repulsive (sorry Kyle, he is...) the thing was.

Is turns to look at the dragon, intending to take revenge for what it did, activates Haste spell from his armor again, and calls forth the Last Storm. Seemingly impossibly, Umkelt begin flying straight at the Crystal Dragon with all the force he can muster (that means Heedless Charge).

Is To-Hit:
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D20 :
17 , 13 , 1 , 19
+26, +26, +21, +16

Is Damage (If they connect):
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D8 :
5 , 3 , 3 , 8
Str Mod: +10, +10, +10, +10
Heedless Charge Dmg Bonus: +20, +20, +20, +20
Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x4, x4, x4, x4
Spirited Wurm Class Feature Bonus Damage (4 sets of 2d6s):
nightwolf145 carried out 8 launched of one D6 :
3 , 1 , 3 , 4 , 6 , 3 , 4 , 6

Umkeltk the Ashworm To-Hit with Heightened Sting:
+22

Heightened Sting Poison Damage:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D6 :
Str Mod:+10
DC 25 fort save for poison, 2d6 Str Initial & Secondary
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 am

This is for the Nat 1 roll
+26
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:10 am

Summary

To-Hit: 43, 39, Nat 1, 35
Damage 149, 139, Nat 1, 162

Umkelt To-Hit: Nat 1
2nd roll (b/c I forgot earlier)
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:39 pm

You wen;t way over the Dragons remaining hp by your second attack. You can describe how you want it to be killed. You were slightly more than 100dmg over. I don't think I can do the overkill justice.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:27 pm

Okay. I'll try to give it a good spin.

Among the thousands of millions of flying, glittering sand grains, Umkelt lifts Is up off the ground and charges straight at the dragon. With surprising calmness and clarity, Is levels his lance, surrounded and urged on by each and every grain of sand.

As the dragon becomes closer to the rider and the wurm, Is feels as if time is slowing down and his vision clearing up, capable of perceiving every scale on the dragon and every twitch its muscles make. When the lance first finds contact with the foul beast, it glides through the crystal scales as if the scales themselves were making way and betraying their very owner.

When Is withdraws his weapon, the lance is unspoiled by dragon blood, and quickly finds contact with the dragon again. The lance moves as if guided by the Sands of Last Storm towards the dragon's still-beating heart and rips the beast from the sky of the moon.

That which moves is now still.
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm

The Dragon slowly falls to the ground. Dust rises up as it lands back on the surface of the moon. The BBEG fight will be a fair and clean one, no tricks, no special rules, no enemy surprise rounds. You may bring a second PC if you want as well!

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 am

Ok, I'm actually basically done. SO as soon as everyones ready and up to lvl 15 with 200k wealth total I can move us ahead to the final encounter. .
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:26 pm

The sooner we get started, the more motivation for everyone to level up their chars!

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Note: If you don't care about what the plot of AU would have been then just skip to the last post!!!

The MOON

With the dragon defeated the party holds a burial for Spunky. [Insert character here] weeps as Qarr gives the most beautiful eulogy known to man, referencing both My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Rick Astley's hit song "Never Gonna Give You Up."

With sadness in some of their hearts the party begins to explore the moon. They easily find the crystal on the moon. Using their awesome mech they mine a large amount of the crystal but are unsure what to do with it. Is reminds the party that Marcoh is "the best crafter ever" and is inside the bird room. The party starts to funnel crystal in the bird room.

After completing the delivery the party enters the bird room to find TWO Dr. Marcohs, one of which is slightly older looking and has a crystal clock (the crystal the party shoveled into the room is still there). The older Dr. Marcoh explains he is from the future making a delivery and that it was only possible due to the current Marcoh editing the Dodecahedron in the bird room for a single use of time travel. He also explains that, despite him going back in time, the future is fluid and undefined and so it's always possible this may never happen, which would result in time being re written. Therefore, in the interest of him remaining alive to deliver the Mech in the future, both Marcohs agree that current Marcoh can't participate in the BBEG fight and instead will spend time crafting the mech and making the bird room an extension of his lab.

The party, now with a 4th mech is going to head back to the camps.

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:47 pm

The camp.

The party then travels back to the camp where the dungeon with Y'nul (the angel/demon guy) underneath. The find the camp abandoned except for Gherrick, Mr. Whitey, and Idris, who explain that they got their mech from the kobold queen.

Gherrick weeps many manly tears when he hears that Spunky, his one true friend, has perished.

The enter the dungeon of Y'nul and find another dead Inevitable as well as several dead lesser demons. The entire dungeon begins to rumble as they rush downwards. The further down they go, the more they notice the defense mechanism in place before we're destroyed, the secret doors all broken, and the number of inevitable and demon corpses increase.

As they enter the room where the 14000 year old demon was supposed to be. Instead of the circular wall being in its place at the center of the room, there is a massive crater and rubble everywhere. At the bottom of the crater is a black portal, Hiro and Eldin both recognize it as being the same kind of portal as in the bird room except this one goes MUCH farther away and dispels any buffs as you pass through it The 4 mechs combined cannot fit through but a single mech can.

At the entrance of the room lies a dead Y'nul, who no longer looks demonic at all, his body completely angelic compared to the last time the party saw him. In the far end of the room, Pig'm, the prophet of lord Babbablington (sp?) is standing still, 4 small demons completely calmed by his presence. The rest of the room is still littered with demonic and inevitable corpses. Qailee is close to Pig'm in a duel with an extremely large demon. She manages to place her hand upon it and the demon begins to fade away into Qailee, as though being absorbed by her.

She turns to the party, her right eye solid black with a gold ring, and explains just wth is going on.

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm

The Big Circle Room

Qailee explains the following:

Xezbeth is the demon the clocks speak about. Like most demons, he feeds off suffering and the loss of life. However, in the interest of always having a available supply of suffering, he never completely exterminates the life in Dhan Ras. Every 14000 years he grants power to a group in disagreement with another, in this case the more malicious members of the Dane Guard and Resistance, in order to create massive wars between the populations of people. This usually leads to mass suffering which grants him a ton of power, he then proceeds to wipe out all of humanity except for a few individuals before going to sleep for a few thousand years. By working behind the scenes until the last minute, no one suspects a demon is behind everything.

During his incubation nature and populations grow and intelligent humanoids begin to grow cities. When the demon awakes he realizes that the humanoid population isn't large enough to feast on, so he slowly sucks on natures energy, turning massive forests into deserts such as Dhan Ras.

However, last 14000 years, Y'nul and his group managed to figure out about the demon ahead of time. They built the mechs and attempted to fight Xezbeth. Before the could however, Y'nul was captured and his mech taken by member of a Guild who were under the demons influence. Y'nul managed to survive, but not before the wars were over and Xezbeth destroyed all of the things.

Y'nul was hunted by demons who were minions of Xezbeth, but managed to defeat them via a sanctified spell that allowed him absorb demon's souls into his own body With the risk that if the demon wins a will save they take your soul instead., but this prevented him from using the mechs and made him demonic in appearance. So he left clues around for people to find out about the mechs and defeat Xezbeth.

Unfortunately Xezbeth has caught on and has awakened early (You guys had 4 months, but he is up already). He is not planning on taking any risks with humanoids and isn't going to wait for the war to continue any longer since he realizes the party is a legitimate threat. Xezbeth is going to cut his losses and exterminate all life in Dhan Ras. Right now Xezbeth and what's remaining of his minions are in the portal, which leads to a massive comet in space. He plans on breaking a section of the comet off with enough precision that it will land exactly in the middle of Dhan Ras, the resulting force will be enough to destroy the entire desert in an inferno AKA. He's going to repeat what happened to the dinosaurs!.

With that the party prepares itself for the toughest, most OP, fate of the world deciding encounter they have had yet.

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Note: This fight is very very hard. It, (unlike our other encounters), is actually too hard. This is on purpose as this is supposed to be the End of the world fight. It is definitely beatable but it rates as a 5% encounter (only 5% of total encounters or less should be this hard according to encounter calculator). Do not attempt to meta game the demons as all of them have changes, so trying to search the images and guess CR/abilities/etc won't work here because I leveled/deleveled nearly everything for unpredictability sake.

The END

Hiro, Is, Hue (Tim's former drunk redneck Psion, now played by Kyle), and Eldin get into a mech each. They, along with all the other characters present (Whitey, Idris, Gherrick, Sylar, Qailee, Whitey, Eldins Sister?, Pig'm)
The party, gulping as they look down at the portal, walk into it.

The same rushing motion as what happened when the party traveled to the moon and then they arrive of a giant chunk of black rock. They can feel it moving through space, but not enough in anyway that would effect their movement.

Welcome to the end. I did not expect all this, but I promise you will all die here. Greets a booming voice from a 2000 foot tall demon that is obviously Xezbeth.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Demon110

At his feet are two other demons.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Dx0809tt_balorCaravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Pitfiend

In front of these demons are more Tieflings, dressed in both wizard robes like on the moon and in standard leather, wielding whips like the Tieflings in Dreamscape room.

A Sorrowsorn Demon is one the Xezbeth's Right, and two Tieflings dressed in plain brown robes are to the left of Xezbeth.

Lucky me, it would appear that you would decide to come to me. It saves me the trouble of destroying humanity, since I can wipe out my only threat here, instead of destroying the Dhan Ras from afar.

With that portal behind the group of good guise disappears.

Everybody roll Initiative when ready.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 10 Bbegfi10
KEY:
Is = Is
E = Eldin
H = Hiro
Hu = Hue
Esis = Eldons sister
Sh = Shaos extra char whose name I don't know
Gh = Gherrick
Idr = Idris
Q = Qailee
Pig = Pig'm
Wh = Whitey
Sy = Sylar
Different color highlights indicate all the space the mech/demon is taking up

T1-4 = Whip Tieflings
W1-3 = Wizard Tieflings
TH = Brown robed Tieflings
Pi = Knowledge: The Planes to identify
Ba = Knowledge: The planes to Identify
S = Sorrowsorn Demon
D = THE BBEG

Mechs take the 1 turn from the two people who are trying to combine, but will not change your initiative. Ex. Hiro is higher than Eldin in initiative and decides to combine with Eldin (Eldin must agree), Hiro spends his turn combining, Eldin can't act during his turn, and on Hiros next turn he can act normally.

You guys can attempt to command any other PC's, but you do not control any except for those you entered the fight with.

-Due to low gravity, jump checks result in 10times distance jumping up or horizontally. Fall damage divided by 10 rounded down.

-Assume you always have to roll spell resistance checks when allowed
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Hiro initiative:
+4

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next