Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Philliam on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Damn, somehow I keep not posting what I write up...

Eldon lands just behind Gherrick (upper right corner of mech in I8). When he lands, he casts *Suddenly Quickened Feeblemind* on Xezbeth (DC 24 Will Save w/ -4 penalty if he can cast arcane spells). He then casts *Spell Enhancer* followed by *Wages of Sin* (DC 26 Will Save) on every demon possible (Not the ones in Pig'm's aura and I'm assuming I can't cast on the one who just turned invisible... I counted 11, but I might have missed one or something, the range is 270 ft and I can hit 17 targets, so I think that covers them all).

Spell Resistance Check for Feeblemind
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
+15

Spell Resistance Checks for All the Demons (couple extra dice thrown in in case I missed a demon or two)
Philliam carried out 13 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
4 , 11 , 13 , 12 , 18 , 14 , 17 , 13 , 14 , 13 , 9 , 3 , 5
+17

Philliam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Really... a 1...

Philliam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Am sorry for your nat 1 Phillip Sad

Eldins spell feebly finds itself forward to the front of Xezbeth... and does not seem to effect him at all.

He shrugs
"Meh, I've seen better"

Eldin's Wages of Sin sort of "bounces" (You can't see the spell but you feel it) off the Pit Fiend and Xezbeth himself as though they had some sort of resistance to spells Very Happy

Both the tiefling healers as well as the Balor all clutch their heads, but then fight off the enchantment.

All the other tieflings (who are not demons thank you very much!) and the bone devil all get begin to look at each other dis trustingly (Sense Motive to see that they look hostile to each other)

T3 and T2 however are immediately re-calmed thanks to Pig'm aura of calm.

T2 finally takes his turn, standing there weeping tears of joy at Pig'ms touch.

At this, Whitey looks at Hiro and begins to sing
"Let's get down to buisness
To defeat the huns Demons.
Did they send me daughters

"Hey... that's not nice..." murmurs Qailee as Whitey continues

When I asked for sons?

Your're They're [the demons] the saddest bunch I ever met
But you can bet before we're through
Mister, I'll make youuu are a man
Out ofYes youuuuuuuuuu!

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within.
Once you find your center
You are sure to win.

BE A MAN
We must be swift as a coursing river
BE A MAN
With all the force of a great typhoon
BE A MAN
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon"

Whitey's song inspires a competence in Hiro that he has never felt before as he feels the irresistible urge to BE A MAN. He can feel the swiftness of a river within him, a raging fire burns at his heart, and he realizes that, through his nearly perpetual silence throughout the campaign, he is indeed as mysterious as the moon. He prepares himself to be an unstoppable force and receives two bonus d10HD, a +2 competence bonus to attack rolls and a +1 Competence bonus to Fort Saves.

As this happens a golden ray fires out of Robe's wand of plot device, and hit's Umkelt (Spellcraft DCIDK, The King of Life home brewed Might +2 size categories spell) he grows in size right underneath Is, becoming two size categories larger and allowing Is to ride him heroically into combat on a mech.

Whitey, pauses his singing for a moment tell Is "The buff will go away if Shao takes too long to post!"(Knowledge: Meta Gaming, the best bard skill)

Is and Ikyier's turns on initiative
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 am

Ikyer's (That's my extra character whose name Pablo can't remember) Turn

There is no penalty in killing a calmed character, right? Right?

There are certain times in everyone's lives when one will feel a little uncertain, to say the least, or their choice of location to be. This is one of those times for Ikyer. Giant demons, crystal mechs, tieflings, a aura-tossing saint-looking guy...

None the less, Ikyer decides to press forward, against his better judgement to bury his head in the sand and wait until either the world ends in total destruction or the forces of good triumph. He leaps next Tiefling 1 using Sudden Leap (swift action for a jump)

Jump Check (considered doing a running jump due to Leap of the Heavens feat):
DC to make it next to T1: 35
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
+33
+10 Feet to result (due to Leaping Dragon stance) IF Ikyer rolls less than a 2...

Assuming he make the jump:
Ikyer attacks the tiefling with Raging Mongoose manuver (adds two extra attacks to each weapon at highest to-hit) ON TOP OF full-round attack (total of 9 attacks)

To-Hit for Keen kukri of thundering (Off-Hand):
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
18 , 7 , 1 , 3
+24/+24/+24/+19
(No to-hit penalty due to TWF feat & blood claw master class feature)
Damage for Keen kukri of thundering:
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D4 (Image not informed.) :
1 , 3 , 1 , 1
+2 dmg to each attack due to Weapon Mastery feat
Str Mod: +5, +5, +5, +5
(full str mod due to Bloodclaw Master class feature)

To-Hit for +3 Keen kukri of heavenly burst (Main Hand):
nightwolf145 carried out 5 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 8 , 2 , 16 , 10
+27/+27/+27/+22/+17
Damage for +3 Keen kukri of heavenly burst:
nightwolf145 carried out 5 launched of one D4 (Image not informed.) :
2 , 2 , 2 , 4 , 1
+2 dmg to each attack due to Weapon Mastery feat
Str Mod: +5, +5, +5, +5, +5
(full str mod due to Bloodclaw Master class feature)
nightwolf145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:55 am

Dude...the rolls... Could be worse, I guess. At least Phillips isn't the only one to nat 1.

Ikyer Summary

Off-Hand:

1 crit on the Thundering Kukri (so the tiefling is now deafened)
OH CRAP, I forgot Thundering Kukri adds 1d8 Sonic Damage ALL THE TIME instead of only on crit...
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D8 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 1 , 5 , 7
(please add these to the damage I am about to sum up)

To-hits: 42, 31, nat 1, 22
Damage: 8, 10, nat 1, 8

Main Hand:
1 crit on the Holy Burst Kukri (3d6 holy dmg, DC14 Blind)
nightwolf145 carried out 3 launched of one D6 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 2 , 6

To-Hits: 33, 35, 29, 38, 27
Damage: 9, 9, 9, 11, 8
nightwolf145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 am

Is' Turn

It took both Is and Umkelt but a brief moment to overcome the surprise at Umkelt's sudden growth spurt under Is' mecha. Turning towards the nearest, most accessible target, Is activates Haste from his armor (as free action) and charges at Wizard 1, to test out the full force of his now-giant wurm and crystal mech. In other words, some wizard is about to get shredded (unless nat 1's happen).

Is To-Hit:
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
13 , 6 , 15 , 17
+35/+35/+30/+25

Is Damage (If they connect):
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D8 (Image not informed.) :
6 , 5 , 2 , 8
Str Mod: +27, +27, +27, +27
Heedless Charge Dmg Bonus: None (let's hope I don't need this part to kill a wizard...)
Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x5, x5, x5, x5
Spirited Wurm Class Feature Bonus Damage (4 sets of 2d6s):
nightwolf145 carried out 8 launched of one D6 (Image not informed.) :
4 , 3 , 1 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3

Umkeltk the Ashworm To-Hit with Heightened Sting:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
+22

Heightened Sting Poison Damage:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D6 (Image not informed.) :
Str Mod:+10
DC 25 fort save for poison, 2d6 Str Initial & Secondary
nightwolf145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:23 am

Is Summary:

To-Hit: 48, 41, 45, 42
Dmg: 172, 164, 149, 180 (665 Total Damage)

Heightened Sting:
To-Hit: 24
Dmg: 13
nightwolf145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:45 am

Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me Shao for spelling your names wrong, I have been spelling Eldon wrong this entire time too I think.

Ikyer, manages to slice up the calmed T1 handily, with his second strike he decapitates the tiefling, who falls.

Corrected so Is hit's a different Wizard Tiefling at max reach bc W1 is already dead.
Is begins to charge around Pig'm before charging forward at Tiefling W2, as he does so, Tiefling T1 manages to jump out of the way to avoid being crushed. The sound of him moving towards his target sounds like thunder going off due to how large he and Imkelt are.

Is then hit's the wizard so hard, he dissolves into a fine mist is completely erased from existence.

(wow, I have made so many mistakes on the map as well as in this fight in general (for example, note how T4 ever took a turn, neither did w2... flarglgarbl, I suck at this)
Finally, Xezbeth begins to move.
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

Xezbeth lift's up his massive battle axe and roars out
"EPIC HASTE!"

His body begins to vibrate Violently as he swings his axe downward, bringing it crashing down into the Astral construct next to the Balor, he then rapidly lifts the axe up, the construct, he brings it crashing down a second time on the construct yet again, this time, when he lifts the axe, the construct is in shattered pieces.

He then smashes his axe on the other Astral construct, once, then twice. The second Astral construct, barely staying alive. Xezbeth fires a volley of spines out of his massive mouth located in the center of his chest, they impale the second construct, destroying it completely.

He fires a second volley of spines at Eldin's mech dealing 31 damage to the Mech, suddenly, Eldin feels power in his mech beginning to decrease (Roll DC26 Fort save or you take 8STR dmg (wow max roll twice on dmg...), if you're immune to poison then this is shared with the mech and you do not take the STR dmg)

Sylar, continues to creep forward.

A bright star begins to form around Qailee and slowly spin around her, she runs forward and pauses. She puts her hands together as though praying an closes her eyes. A glowing luminescent sword, forms above her, it points at Xebeth and flies at him piercing right through him and he unleashes a mighty roar of pain. (Spellcraft DC19 Sword of Conscience).

The Bone Devil moves forward, but decides it's best to avoid walking into Pig'ms aura of calm. He raises his right hand once again, attempting to call forth more devils to his cause. Suddenly, 15 smaller blob like devils appear around him (Knowledge: The Planes). They all begin to move about in the direction of the party, as they do however, one of them spontaneously drops dead.

The pitfiend, now no longer grappled, manages to get up. He then opens his mouth, a fireball shoots out from its mouth and straight at Pig'm, exploding and catching Pig'm and T2 in it's AOE. Dealing 36 Damage to Pig'm (Reflex 21 save for half, this isn't accounting for your fire res bc I am subtracting Res after the reflex save, so you'll actually take either 26 or 8 dmg). Tiefling 2 manages to perfectly dodge the fireball despite his calmness.

Finally, he lifts his hand up and four flaming 2foot meteors form in his hand, which he hurls straight at Gherrick. A massive explosion occurs and engulfs Gherrick, Qailee, Alanna, Idris, Eldin and all but ONE of the Gelatinous cubes, who take 79 damage (reflex DC27 for half, remember Save then DR reduction (works in your favor), also note that the Mech's give DR).

Ikyer and one gelatinous cube don't seem to be effected by the explosion at all.

Idris is horribly burnt, but still standing. Qailee is slightly burnt after the explosion.

But Gherrick was not so lucky. He now lies on the ground, his head bludgeoned in and horribly burns all over his body Gherrick is dead.

Hiro's wand of plot device glows once again, for the sake of damage, Hiro's weapon is treated as yet another weapon size larger when striking.

Hiro's turn on initiative

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Eldon's Fort Save
+16

Eldon's Reflex Save
+16

Alanna's Reflex Save
+16

Eldon's Knowledge: The Planes
+19

Alanna's Knowledge: The Planes
+5

Philliam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Eldin and Alanna know they're lemures as well as everything about them

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Lemure

PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Hiro tries to combine his mech with the one right next to him (Hu's mech). Hopefully Hu(who is this again?) will accept the joining.

All of the gelatinous cubes slowly make their way towards the Lemures (15 ft move speed ftw). An expert in reading facial expressions of gelatinous cubes would recognize that they seem very angry.

Grape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

Are you keeping track of gelatinous cube damage or should I?
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith on Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Hue accepts the mech joining (this spends his next move action)
Caligstro Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Hue's and Hiro's mechs begin to rumble loudly as large spikes of crystal shoot out from each mech into the other. The mechs begin to draw closer and mold together, becoming taller in the process. The mech settles on a massive humanoid shape four times the size of the previous mech in height. It begins to vibrate rapidly (you know, because both players still get their turns despite being fused, so obv the mech needs to be moving really fast.)

Yay! Go Go Powerrangers!!! shouts Whitey, he continues singing a song about how Hiro is a man.

While this is happening, one of the brown robed Tieflings once again casts another spell on Xezbeth (DC20 Superior Resistance).

Idris runs to N16 and slice a Lemure in half. He then activates his belt of battle to take a 5ft step forward, he then swing his sword once, missing horribly, then swings again (AND ROLLS TWO TWENTIES IN A ROW FOLLOWED BY AN 18 ON HIS KEEN MERCURIAL GREATSWORD SO HE TRIPLE CRIT WHAT?! AND THEN CONFIRMS) he swings cleaves through 2 lemures so hard they completely vaporize as a temporary tear in space time is formed and a wave of heat from the explosive reaction of how much damage that crit did blows across the field of battle warming up the entire party and providing a +1 Epic Morale bonus to the party for any roll until Idris' next turn.

Vile Scourge! You shall not be victorious this day! he shouts triumphantly at Xezbeth, taunting the abazillionty foot tall demon.

The feared Sybillic Gaurdian, as it runs from the fear aura of the Pit Fiend, runs into Pig'ms aura of calm and stops, completely calmed.

Hue's turn on initiative, move action has been used fusing
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:39 pm

You keep track of cube damage. I'm not sure they are going to last much longer, but it won't hurt to have em.

Grape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Schism Standard: Twin Synchronicity (shared)
Standard: Twin Synchronicity (shared)
Schism Synchronicity 1: Dimension Door, Psionic (shared) (top left square is AA 14, and pet rock to top left AC 10 (large size))

BBEG, Pit Fiend, W3, and T4 all must make save vs Sphere of Confusion, and all but BBEG & Pit Fiend fail.  They are now all confused for 15 rounds.  

Schism Synchronicity 2: Dispel Psionics (Targeted: BBEG)

The check is 30 and successfully dispels Superior Resistance, Tyche's Touch, Protection from Fire, and Divine Power.

Psicrystal Synchronicity 1: Overmind Blast BBEG
Psicrystal Synchronicity 2: Overmind Blast BBEG
Psicrystal Schism Synchronicity 1: Overmind Blast BBEG
Psicrystal Schism Synchronicity 2: Overmind Blast BBEG
Psicrystal Dual Action: Overmind Blast BBEG.

THEY ALL FAIL.  Sad

Synchronicity Standard: Augmented Overchanneled Ego Whip on BBEG.

HE FAILED HIS SAVE WOOT!

BBEG Takes 13 Charisma Damage.  

I take 5D8 damage from overchanneling: 22

Synchronicity Standard 2: Augmented Overchanneled Enhanced Astral Construct

[edit]Oh yeah, I almost forgot, i take another 5D8 damage from overchanneling: 21[/edit](yes I know this isn't a real tag)

I summon both behind the BBEG and they charge him:

First hits 4 times for total of 103 damage.
Second one hits 5 times for total of 138 damage.

Dual Action: I manifest Ectoplasmic Cocoon, Mass, augmented 1x for radius, centered at T19 (on top of Sylar).

Sylar and the Sybillic Guardian make their reflex saves, as does the Lemure at R17.  

All other Lemures and the Bone Devil all fail and are captured within a giant domed mass of ectoplasmic cocoon, rendering them helpless, blind, and mute.  

Total PP Spent this round: 84.
Caligstro Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote: (top left square is AA 14, and pet rock to top left AC 10 (large size))
This puts both Hiro and Hue within the Aura of fear of the pit fiend, Hiro roll a will save DC27, or on your turn with the mech you run away as though effected by a fear spell (you must flee from the Pitfiend westward to the best of your ability).

Schism Synchronicity 2: Dispel Psionics (Targeted: BBEG)
Hiro and Eldin both recognize that all those abjurations placed upon the BBEG are gone.

BBEG Takes 13 Charisma Damage.  
Roll a Heal Check? to determine how charismatic he is? Idk this one

First hits 4 times for total of 103 damage.
Second one hits 5 times for total of 138 damage.
Both of them clearly hit the BBEG, who doesn't seem to mind at all.
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:28 pm

In response to Hue dispelling and hitting Xezbeth with his whip of wreck face. One of the Tiefling Healers decides that now is the time to go all out, four glows shoot from his hands and into Xebeth as his belt charges as well.

Spells to recognize:
Restoration DC19
Superior Resistance DC20
Tyches Touch DC17
Divine Power

T4 and W2 just stand still, their minds completely wrecked at this point from the combination of Wages of Sin and Confusion.

T4 attacks the nearest creature and lashes out with his whip at Hue and Hiro's mech, doing absolutely nothing.

W3 turns and attempts to touch T4, his hand looks frozen (DC19 Shivering Touch), however T4 managed to avoid being touched by the wizards cold hand.

It is now Alanna's turn on initiative

PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Upon noticing restoration about to be cast:

Immediate Action: Anticipatory Strike.

Move action: recover psionic focus
Psicrystal move action: recover focus
Schism Standard: Twinned Shared Synchronicity
Standard: Twinned Shared Synchronicity
Schism Synchronicity 1: Recover psionic focus (again)
Dual Action: Twinned Shared Synchronicity

Psicrystal: All it's 6 Actions: 6 Overmind Blasts at the Cleric to the Left.

It fails 2 of the 6 saves, taking a total of 18 Wisdom Damage.

Standard Synchronicity 1: Augmented Overchanneled Enhanced Astral Construct (using this de-summons the ones he just used to attack the BBEG tho).

The first one charge pounces the Cleric to the Right:
4 hits, one of which is a crit, dealing a total of 139 damage, killing the 2nd cleric.

The second one charge pounces the Pit fiend.

3 hits, one of which is a crit, dealing a total of 112 damage (pablo noted it) but it has DR.

The construct tries tripping the pit fiend, fails twice, with the pit fiend retaliating with attempting counter-trips, and succeeds on the second one. The third trip attempt by the construct trips the pit fiend in return.

Then the construct makes 3 grapple checks, one of which succeeds! Which in turn deals constrict damage: 28 more damage before DR.

Hue holds the rest of his synchronous free readied actions to fend off other attacks, and NOW it's Alanna's turn.

Note: 55 MORE PP used on all that. 111 PP remaining... the countdown is going fast.
Caligstro Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Note: Could I get a confirmation pablo that the 18 wisdom damage successfully caused restoration to fail?
Caligstro Smith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes, none of those spells went off
When Hue casts Anticipatory strike, both robed Tieflings "speed up" DC19 Celerity, and still manage to get off Restoration and Superior Resistance before they die/become idiotic (This occurs before anticipatory strike so your redied actions cannot be used to prevent it, so you need some other immediate action or someone else to prevent it.)

Alanna's turn

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Hiro's DC 27 fear save:
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 (Image not informed.) :
+20

Grape

View user profile

Back to top Go down