Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm

what is the wall made of?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:47 pm

The wall is made of stone.

Btw the mech takes 3 rounds to get into (down from the stupid 10min of before).
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:47 pm

I forgot to put in the post with my turn, but Feeblemind's target gets -4 on the save check if they have the ability to cast arcane spells.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Feeblemind OP

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Holy Hell... you dispelled all of his good buffs and left him with jsut his crappy ones (except flight).

Feebleminded is awesome
The sorrowsorn would have used it last fight, if it wasnt for the fact that it's whispers were so good.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

The cleric should have counterspelled the dispel magic.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 am

1) Didn't think about it
2) Don't you need to ready a standard action for that? He used the stone wall thing instead bc Spunky does dmg's
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:34 pm

There are magical items that immediately activate if attacked by a certain spell:

http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/SRD:Ring_of_Counterspells

For 4000 gold, you can counter dispel and greater dispel magic.  Though it acts like a single use item (unless you re-enable it during battle), it does provide at least 1 round of protection.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Ok, I am sorry I didn't make the cleric strong enough. I apologize. Razz

Don't worry this isn't just  normal 4v3 fight
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Oh, so the creature in the distance isn't fighting for us?  Disappointing.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Why would it be?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 pm

and THAT is why spunky's not allowed to take class levels... if he did he could easily net flight, replace a feat with flyby attack, and be able to pounce EVERY round while flying, and get that whole attack routine every round.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 pm

So what you're saying is... Spunky is OP?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Guys I would like you guys to all read this.

I have basically finished the BBEG, and bc of certain design things that I chose to do it's a bit over the top. I am not going to change the difficulty of it though, just how I play with it.

That being said, in compensation, everyone can bring an extra character into the Final Encounter if you want. Regardless of wether you do or not, there will be some NPC's already there on your side (Idris, Whighty, Gherrick, etc) bc it doesn't make logical sense for them to just spontaneously disappear. You may also choose any previously existing character and level them to 15 for this fight (even one that was not previously yours but that no one is using, Dr. Marcoh is off limits tho).

No matter what this fight will be beatable but difficult.

Your characters will be level 15 with the WBL of a level 15.

Let me know if you're going to tae me up on this offer.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 pm

I will!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 am

Wait, really? I thought everybody was flying?

Can I get a list of who's flying then?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:24 am

The dragon and Mr. Scruffy

The was basically a triple elevation fight/you guys are surrounded/surprised
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Is k. These things happen.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 pm

We are gathered here to mourn the loss of Spunky.

Spunky is someone who I have always had mixed feeling about.

On one hand, he was the finest non-person you could know, he was a savant, a lover of the exotic, and someone who was always there to speak in deep truism's such as "Why you guys just stand around like sand dune and cry and make funny noise?"

He made Sorrowsorn demons look like house cats, and house cats look like commoners.

On the other hand, I was frustrated with Spunky, mostly because I could not challenge him and thus could not make him a better person.

In the end we all have a little Spunky in us. In the end Is may have takens Spunky's life, but he did not take his freedom.

And that is worth making fun of commoners for in a Eulogy.

R.I.P Spunky
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Just wondering, did you not power attack at all when you charged spunky? Is that why your attack bonuses were so different compared to vs the dragon?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

It appear he did not.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Ironically, given the "hit him with everything you can" order would mean he should PA really, and if he had, none of his attacks would've hit.

I don't really care tho. We've passed that door and moved on.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 pm

PASSED A DOOR? 1% CHANCE TO GET WHERE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT?!?!?!!111!!!
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:25 pm

That's only if it's Is though...
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:54 pm

TBH, the instructions are vague enough that Is can best determine how to carry out said instructions. The only real rule was Rage and hit the camel. If Is thought the only way to hit Spunky was to not power attack then it makes sense that he wouldn't do it.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum