Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Grape Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 am

Bird Room

Does the concentration check only affect those who failed the initial will save, or do I have to roll that every time I cast a spell?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon May 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Upon failing the will save you have to roll concentration checks for as long as you continue to have feelings of loss. (So as long as you're within the Aura and some time after you exit it). So for that polymorph you had to roll a concentration check since the Aura effected you before you could cast the spell.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon May 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Grape wrote:Bird Room

Does the concentration check only affect those who failed the initial will save, or do I have to roll that every time I cast a spell?

Oh derp I misread this question.

You only make the save once. After suceeded on the save you're good.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon May 27, 2013 1:45 pm

None of you guys have healing right? I just now realized that this encounter actually makes healing good (dun dun dun!!!).
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm

I went ahead and said my turn because I'm currently traveling and had good internet access then. Plus I knew I was going to do that either way since I wasn't too far from death and that would heal me, make me harder to hit, and make me tankier.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 pm

I have wands of cure light wounds. They are not meant to be used in battle :/

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 9:26 am

I have snakes.

Also, to clarify, I'm not even trying to figure out the room's puzzle since Spunky's too stupid to figure it out, especially after that ability damage he just took. If you don't tell him what to do he's going to just try hitting different enemies until he realizes they ALL "magically can't be hit." At that point he's going to just pout about how boring it is to fight things that magically can't be hit.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:I have snakes.

Also, to clarify, I'm not even trying to figure out the room's puzzle since Spunky's too stupid to figure it out, especially after that ability damage he just took. If you don't tell him what to do he's going to just try hitting different enemies until he realizes they ALL "magically can't be hit." At that point he's going to just pout about how boring it is to fight things that magically can't be hit.

But is it boring to accidentally slaughter allies because you just do so much damage?

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 3:11 pm

No, of course not. That's quite interesting, although only out of character. In-character it would be somewhat disappointing, since he only started following them in the first place b/c he thought they were interesting.

But from spunky's perspective it seems like they can't be hit. All he realizes is he bit Eldon; he doesn't even realize that's where his claw attacks went too.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

In the event that your character dies what would you guys do out of curiousity? Rage quit? play your alternate char?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Hmm. Maybe play Eldon's sister. I forget her name right now. Or play Mr. Scruffy. I think he will survive this battle so long as Eldon survives for 2 more rounds. Though I can change that to one if you really think this is a lost cause...

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Philliam wrote:Hmm. Maybe play Eldon's sister. I forget her name right now. Or play Mr. Scruffy. I think he will survive this battle so long as Eldon survives for 2 more rounds. Though I can change that to one if you really think this is a lost cause...

Ok, so I hate giving away the difficulty of an encounter.

100% you guys will beat this encounter.

Will one of you die? Maybe.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue May 28, 2013 4:36 pm

Is anyone near death right now? I thought I was the only one who took damage and I healed it.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Philliam wrote:Is anyone near death right now? I thought I was the only one who took damage and I healed it.

No. Qarr took damage but he's ok.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 pm

What is the initiative order right now? I'm assuming you have it actually written down and I don't feel like picking through the thread to figure it out.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 4:45 pm

It's somebody and then me next.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Spunky
Tieflings
Eldin
Hiro
Sorrowsorn
Is

I have been keep track of nearly all details of the fight actually. (altough IDK anything about Eldins troll form)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue May 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Basically, it just adds what I posted along with any natural attacks a cave troll has (Pounce, Rake, Rend, Improved Grab and Dazing Blow). I keep my BAB and base saves and just gain anything extra from the improved stats. I also have a 10ft reach, can still cast spells because I'm humanoid and can speak, and proficiency with all weapons (because troll type). I changed pretty much everything in my char sheet for ease of use except I don't have the one debuff included.

If you have any other questions, I should be able to answer them. I did lots of research to find how to use it best and how it works.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Man, seems like that's a crazy good polymorph form for a wizard
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Philliam wrote:

If you have any other questions, I should be able to answer them. I did lots of research to find how to use it best and how it works.

I did lots of research to find how to use it best and how it works

I did lots of research

lots of research

research

Can it see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Only if the wizard/sorceror already has that ability. You can't gain supernatural abilities like that using Polymorph.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 pm

This is one of the things used for Pun-Pun to have infinite super natural abilities, including any you make up.

Anyway, now you;d have to find a creature that can see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 pm

What, no it's not. You don't need to use that to gain abilities. You use the Manipulate Form ability to TRULY GAIN that ability, whatever it is, and you can gain it as an EXTRAORDINARY ability anyway, which is better since it works in antimagic field, can't be dispelled or suppressed, and ignores immunities.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 pm

PlatGreenThunda wrote:
Philliam wrote:

I did lots of research to find how to use it best and how it works

I did lots of research

lots of research

research

Can it see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

I saw the cinnamon toast crunch question on brilliantgameologist forums and didn't realize it was such a big thing.

Anyways, the dice roller seems fine. It's not pure randomness linked to the fluctuations in the atmosphere like http://www.random.org/ is, but it seems to be better than loaded dice Very Happy

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next