Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

+2
Admin
PlatGreenThunda
6 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 1:47 am

Caligstro Smith wrote:What, no it's not. You don't need to use that to gain abilities. You use the Manipulate Form ability to TRULY GAIN that ability, whatever it is, and you can gain it as an EXTRAORDINARY ability anyway, which is better since it works in antimagic field, can't be dispelled or suppressed, and ignores immunities.

Derp, I thought it was a combination of the two abilities. My bad
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Character Discussion

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 am

Nope, manipulate form is so OP it don't need no stinking SYNERGY! It done have INFINITE SELF-SYNERGY, dat's more den enuff!
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 am

Caligstro Smith wrote:Nope, manipulate form is so OP it don't need no stinking SYNERGY! It done have INFINITE SELF-SYNERGY, dat's more den enuff!

Not 100% true. You still use other things, like Giant Size for example. Sure thats granted by manipulate form, but you get the idea.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 1:59 am

Spoilers: manipulate form is banned btw
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 3:38 am

Shao, you need to relook at the Ashworm dragoon page. The fort save for heightined sting is in no way just DC15. It's equal to 10+1/2 characther level (not dragoon level) + ashworm Con. It should be a minimum of 16 (assuming con +0)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 12:14 pm

Shouldn't it be 1/2 the ashworm's hit dice? Or does the dragoon class really make it scale off the rider's CL instead? That's so freakin weird if so.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:Shouldn't it be 1/2 the ashworm's hit dice? Or does the dragoon class really make it scale off the rider's CL instead? That's so freakin weird if so.

It literally says "character level".

It makes sense, bc otherwise the dragoon would be start absurdly weak for a mount and scale sooo bad.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm

"On a successful hit, the victim's Fortitude save DC to resist the poison is 10 + 1/2 your character level + the ashworm's Con modifier."
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 12:27 pm

huh
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:huh
and he still can't see why kids love cinammon toast crunch (srsly that requires epic level magic + divine ranks)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Phillip, is your charisma only 16 or 17? Spell save DC is 10+Spell Level+Charisma Mod for sorcerers, and Prismatic Eye is a 6th level spell, so 10+6+X=19 Means your Cha mod is only +3? You really should invest in Cha boosting items or there's no point in picking spells w/ saves as your Spells Known, and at least 1/3 of your spells have saves.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Actually read the spell Prismatic Eye... It says the save DC is 19. Kind of lame, but still. There is a decent chance of removing enemies from combat.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Oh, wow, that's really really weird, having a fixed DC spell... and ya, really lame. Idk, it's below average as a disable even at the level you learn it, and while yeah it gives lots of tries, I'm still not convinced it's worth it since your turn was basically wasted casting it unless you luck into a failed save right away. By the time something would fail a save the combat very well could already be over.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Probably right. I didn't realize it had a fixed DC until I just cast it. I will probably retrain it next level, but wanted to try it out.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 1:57 pm

With how I'm rolling odds are it's gonna be a failed save :/

Also I love how pihllip plays, it's pretty clever.

"I use tentacles to stop the sliding stone of death"

"I use my cat to determine the current room rules"
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:13 pm

So I keep thinking I'm level 9 still lol. I even put all the durations for my spells with caster level of 9.
I definitely chose the wrong form. I could have been a war troll. Less special attacks, but the daze is better and all my stats are better.

Also what is a familiar's hit die considered for the sake of spell effects?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Also, my spell resistance has been completely unhelpful. What a waste of money.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Well see. It was going to be useful. But then you turned into 5 of you and the demon was like "forget this, Im not gonna waste 5 turns casting spells on one guy"

So it is only not useful because you made it too difficult for it the demon to hit you anyway. (He was gonna attempt to reduce all your mental scores to 1, but now it's too much work and a strategic error to even try that)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:23 pm

I hope you roll for me to act normally next round. I'm going to do something really awesome.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Did you buy a spell resistance item? That almost always is a waste of money, at least until VERY high levels (like 17+ probably when your WBL is really really high), and even then you need to buy a custom item of it with an inflated value and NO other effects to be cost efficient. Honestly, even then I'm not sure I'd bother until epic levels when you have loads of $$ to throw around.

Getting SR as a class or racial feature is the way to do it, otherwise I strongly recommend giving it a pass. What's your SR right now?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 pm

20, I bought a Scarab of Protection. It also prevents me from being insta-killed and protects me from negative energy and energy draining attacks. So it isn't a complete waste.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Philliam wrote:20, I bought a Scarab of Protection. It also prevents me from being insta-killed and protects me from negative energy and energy draining attacks. So it isn't a complete waste.

It prevents instant killing?

I bet Shao and Robe wish they had it currently.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Oh, okay then, that could be worse. How much was that anyway? My guess is 40k ish? Could be worse for a constant deathward + 20 SR

I vaguely remember that item i think... It has limited times that it protects from death effects tho right?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Yes to both, 38k and 12 charges, which is kind of a lot though I supposed if you are getting hit with lots of negative energy attacks it will go quickly.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 29, 2013 3:50 pm

oh, the charges are consumed by energy drain/negative energy attacks too? Bummer
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next