Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The United Principalities of Tyrvold

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The United Principalities of Tyrvold - Page 2 Empty Re: The United Principalities of Tyrvold

Post by MidgetNinja Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:39 am

UPDATED!!!

Ok the Eastern half is done, let me know what you think of Donolith, and we can move on to the Western half.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

The United Principalities of Tyrvold - Page 2 Empty Re: The United Principalities of Tyrvold

Post by Admin Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I like it, it's pretty well developed and shows nice inter-union politics.

Something I didn't understand, though:

"playing her male Royal Counterparts in Rushcillion and Rothsguarg against her."

She's manipulating both of them to be against her? That doesn't sound productive at all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:29 pm

"...against the other." is what that was supposed to say...so fixed.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuggy Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 am

I really like this idea - semi-autonomous principalities have always been my favourite sort of place to run amok as adventurers in. Large enough to be very varied but also not too overbearing and overwhelming as a whole. The vast tracts of poor farming land are a nice counterpart to the "this nation is really awesome at something". There is a good bit of room provided for the less developed but proud Miercnan people to snort and make proverbs about the smiths of Tryvold, including a very colourful sort of warfare.

I think its the city states thing once again.

If I may add some points -- most of the earliest forms of workable iron were actually found in swamps and marshes. Mines in mountains were much harder to dig and extricate. On that note, we'll have to have some realm with salt-mines. Every single human being needs that to live, its horrible to extract and it is typically in a small part of the world. First dibs go to evil empires who like slaves!
Spuggy
Spuggy

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 am

UPDATED!!!

Not that anyone is left to care at this point...

Also Bronx I'm going to politely choose to ignore that fact, if only because it undermines the entire foundation of this nation...as a whole...and I'd rather not have to edit this thing so that 'swamps and marshes' are the s**t as opposed to mountains...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 am

UPDATED!!!

...again...

Added Stralinoth, not sure if I got across what I was trying to about their society, and I'm not sure if I like the direction I took with their city, probably look it over after I get some rest.

Let me know what you guys think, more to come soon...ish.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 pm

I really like it still. One of the best things I like about your work, MN, is that you often produce a lot of it, giving a lot more depth and emotion to the world.

I think you'll have to split up or format your descriptions eventually though. You have "But that's another story" mixed in quite often concerning important historical events.
I wouldn't worry about it now, it can be dealt with when you've got the rest of the UPT finished. Thanks for staying on board.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 am

Hmm...damn now I gotta go through ALL that AGAIN, and find all the time I mentioned another story.

You see when I say 'that's another story' I literally mean there is another story there, for the most part.

Most of them will probably be explained in the next section which will detail the UPT's history, though I might have to write a few articles to deal with other stories.

Also a thanks to you Chaos for your kind words, and actually taking the time to read what has been written.

I think so long as you and me keep at it we'll get this thing finished eventually...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm

I just read Stralinoth. As per usual I liked it. Smile

I wonder if for the purposes of not being overloaded by information you should just do the basic facts/info about the individual states for the nation page and then do the more prose style (which I personally love) for a separate thread which would have the detailed history for each of the state. I also might group up the sentences into larger paragraphs, and bold not just italic the state names, though that is just a personal reading opinion.

Good work. Smile
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:00 am

I suppose we could Crom, but I rather have it all in one centralized location to start out with if only for Organizations sake.

God only know the nightmarish mess it would be otherwise.

That said I did edit it a bit so the State names are now bold as well as italicized.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Thu May 12, 2011 4:42 am

UPDATED!!!
Once more...

Decatham added, leaving only Tripohilia, and a bit about the Union's collective history, ancient and otherwise, and maybe a bit clarifying their religion.

Hooray almost done, then maybe I can get to work on my bits about the Waste, the Southlands, and my long neglected Werewolf Ninjas...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu May 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Few small grammar/spelling errors but otherwise sounds good. Honestly, we could have entire roleplaying world just in the Sword States alone. Very Happy
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Which shows how much great work MN has been doing.

Once you put up the final bit, we'll have to revise it and touch up any parts that might need it. Standard procedure and all. Still looking very nice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 am

Added a bit about Derak`Den to Decatham.

Let me know your thoughts, and I truly appreciate your kind words.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri May 13, 2011 1:46 am

UPDATED!!!

Tripohlia Added, and a lot of clarifying fluff as well.

Have a look, tell me what you think.

WOO almost done!!

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Fri May 13, 2011 10:37 pm

I like the writing as always. I am slightly concerned with a city that is as well fortified as Imperia and majestic as Krak de Monutem though I'll assume it was simply the normal romantic style of MN as opposed to a completely objective description.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sat May 28, 2011 4:19 am

Yea I was more just saying it could reasonable compete with both, but if a perfectly unbiased traveler saw all three cities he would probably say Krak was more Aesthetic, and Imperia was better fortified, I was mostly just using said cities as a point of reference in my romantic waxings while at the same time giving Crom's stuff a little nod.

Also.

UPDATED!!!

Added the first chunk of religious mumbo jumbo, more such stuff to come shortly. Let me know what you think thus far.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 pm

Good stuff. Btw your romantic style has struck me with an idea. I think when it comes to writing that is stylized like yours we should have author names for. For example the info on the voids (blades) is from a journal and the Mortii is an excerpt from the "Professors" book. You should make an author for this book.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 am

So what's remaining for this to have the last look over for acceptance?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 am

Gotta finish the religion section, perhaps add a section detailing the military of the Union, and then a section detailing the Union's history proper.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Finish it.

Also, if we go with "First-come-first-serve" naming conventions, the mountains in the northern section are the Silver Mountains, the chain in the west is the Gold Mountains, and the eastern chain is the Hollow Mountains?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

North is Hollow, West is Gold, East is Silver.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 20, 2012 2:08 am

Some notes on political relationships, some specific (tl;dr versions) internal political relationships, and a list of the seven River Princes in the beginning and who they reign over is needed, I think. After that I'll give a final read-through, let anyone else have their say-so about it, discuss anything needed, and finally put it through.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Sun May 20, 2012 4:31 am

I still believe it should be separated into different posts to make the organization easier and not make people get too overwhelmed. That being said as soon as it's finished it will definitely be the most comprehensive nation profile to date. Congratz. Smile
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 20, 2012 4:50 am

Agreed, they could all be separated into their own nation posts in the same thread and then hyperlinked from the original post to improve flow. That'll require making a new thread though.

I also join Crom in the congrats, MN. Well done.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum