Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intellectual Property Rules

3 posters

Go down

Intellectual Property Rules Empty Intellectual Property Rules

Post by Admin Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:53 pm

So I just wanted to make sure we wanted to keep up with the tradition of handing all permissions of a certain topic to the people who came up with said topic. An example would be Meta-magic for BI, the Kailzim for me, etc. Anyone who wants to make a mage who uses meta-magic or a character with the race of Kailzim has to consult BI or me, respectively. In the case of someone's prolonged absence, then they basically lose say-so and it goes to the active administrator/council members. Right now that's not so important because we don't have a big following, but that's the basic plan.

If we're still going with it (which I'm pretty sure we are), then I can write up a basic article on it so we don't have to write the terms/rules of usage in each relevant article. We can just make a short note like "Property Control goes to X person" or something like that. Better phrases would be appreciated. Intellectual property isn't exactly the tag I want to put on it, because that invites a whole slew of legal red tape from the name alone. I mean, it is intellectual property, but it's also an integral part of RoKK once it's submitted and utilized.

Maybe some rules about intellectual property contributed towards RoKK should be posted as well?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Intellectual Property Rules Empty Re: Intellectual Property Rules

Post by CromTheConqueror Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:05 pm

How about we just make a list visible only to administration that deals with who is "responsible" for the lore surrounding the various subjects. That also implies less control. I don't want us to get obssessed with the idea that our ideas can only match our personal rigid structure and lose that team development we've been building. Our own systems can benefit a lot from the insight of others.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I suppose that's the best approach. I was just preemptively thinking about future problems concerning content written and the author's absence/leaving of the project.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Thu May 12, 2011 4:49 am

I'll go so far as to say I'd trust you guys not to dick me out of anything I share with you on a creative basis, and I'd also like to note that I do plan to write at least one novel based in this world we've collectively created (Just as soon as I get my shite together and actually start my stupid writing career) with my assurances that all parties involved shall get their due credit for their shared works.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum