Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great War Time Line (Basic Edition (WIP))

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Great War Time Line (Basic Edition (WIP)) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great War Time Line (Basic Edition (WIP))

Post by Admin Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:48 am

Thoughts MN?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Great War Time Line (Basic Edition (WIP)) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great War Time Line (Basic Edition (WIP))

Post by MidgetNinja Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:25 am

It requires details, mostly clarifying how old canon would fit with the new (Such as the whole 'Tech Savy' south vs. 'Swords and Sorcery' north aspect, and the whole defining reason behind the birth of the Conclave). I'd also like some more depth applied to each individual age, if only to get a sense of how to adjust the timeline in my head to work around it.

Provided that I do rather like the scale and scope of it, and it's nice to see some new land masses outside of Ara'niel...even if they do inevitably sink to the bottom of the sea.

Let's work on establishing the finer points of this new Time Line, and go from there.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Rough 2cents on Conclave and the magephobia Chaos had talked about.

The Fall:

A lot of ignorant people on the northern continent of Ara'niel blame the mages of the northern continent for causing the disaster. A few of them might actually know the mages in Avalanor are responsible. More people are simply bitter magic could do nothing to save their livelihood or family. Meanwhile as northerners stream unto present day Aran'niel mainland the southerners begin to hate northern refugees. Because of the tradition of magic use on the northern continent they begin to hate magic by association. Many of them might also blame magic for causing The Fall that also severely damaged parts of mainland Ara’niel.

Age of Terror

More people -even those who use magic to fight the Plague- blame magic users for accidently causing the plague or intentionally creating it. Fallen necromancers who move to make use of the plague severely damage magic’s reputation across the mainland. Magephobia begins to grow steadily and the first major anti-mage organizations are formed.

Age of Strife

A significant portion of mainland Aran’niel despises mages. Mages are caught in a deathtrap. For most of them the only way to escape the mobs is to serve a lord and gain his protection. However well meaning their benefactor, inevitably the mage becomes involved in war, and the tales of destruction caused by mages continues to grow. Many mages in desperation descend into the darker arts which only encourages more hatred.

Age of Night

Most men fear magic but now for good reason. Like everyone else in the world many magic users have been pushed to the edge of reason and constantly engage in the dark arts. Wild magic is prevalent as nearly no institutions exist in which to train magic users. Many cause harm to themselves and others purely out of ignorance. Others intentionally make use of the broken land to become powerful and wicked magelords. At the beginning of this Age the Conclave is born to bring order and stability not just to magic but the rest of the world.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 am

Working from this timeline, and a few off hand comments I picked up here and there, am I correct in assuming that the Conclave organized at the end of The Great War, the first 'globally' so to speak entity of stability from the now truly horrific conflict, with all other nations forming in it's wake over the course of say...about three hundred years, during which the events of Atimarian Invasion took place, leading up to the present day.

Is that an accurate assumption, or is that just a wild flight of fancy with little grounding save for the random bits and pieces I've picked up here and there?

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:52 am

I think the Conclave has been about for a while in different forms but only became the "Conclave" as we understand it and a growing global power in the last two or three centuries.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2