Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments on Null - The Void of Magic

3 posters

Go down

Comments on Null - The Void of Magic Empty Re: Comments on Null - The Void of Magic

Post by MidgetNinja Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Hmm...it does go a long way towards explaining a lot of things there Crom, and I like the general tone of it.

For the record I'm totally for this idea, but Chaos has final say on most things magical. I don't think we should have any problems there though.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Comments on Null - The Void of Magic Empty Re: Comments on Null - The Void of Magic

Post by Admin Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Nope, no problems, it's wonderfully done. I think it should be a bit polished in terms of grammar/word usage before it's moved out of RnD ("impossible for a mage to retain its physical manifestation" "all the men had men had an innate"), but I really like it. The thing with EVERYONE being innately opposed to magic... is that the whole "spells are exceedingly hard to cast ON a person," or is it something else?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Well, I put it in to act as a another general handicap for mages so that more people will be willing to be warriors/rangers and make it a bit easier for them to fight mages in the RP while not taking away from those people who are Nulls. Plus, I thought it added a nice bit of lore flavoring.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Also kinda goes with the fact that humans are pretty much the worse spell casters of everyone.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:54 pm

MidgetNinja wrote:Also kinda goes with the fact that humans are pretty much the worse spell casters of everyone.

Exactly.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Mmm... Unless there's some earth-shatteringly wrong thing about this that comes up at a later date, then I figure it's accepted, though if people are generally Nulls, then the majority are very, very weak Nulls.

I also figure that the Conclave already knew about this, them being the whole center of magic research and whatnot, but I suppose they wouldn't have released findings like this.

Guess it's up to me and whoever else to come up with the "Why" to this, then?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm

The term "Null" is only used to describe those with a VERY strong disruptor field and they are rare. And I'm sure there were people in the Conclave who knew but again like you said they wouldn't likely release their findings.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down