Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 7 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by nightwolf145 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

The Last Room

Is that all? I walk through this, and you get to be somewhere nicer? That simple?

Tch. Even I can't believe it.

Is braces himself for whatever comes next.

I don't know what's going to happen, but... I'll try to find you again, whatever it takes, alright, old friend? See you at the shores of sand.

...and he steps through the door frame.
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 7 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 pm

You need to make a decision.  Are you on our side or not?

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 pm

The Last Storm

As Is steps through the doorframe everything goes orange.

The Bird Room

The Gnome, still stuck underneath the table, stops fidgeting for a moment, he looks up at Eldon (or is it Eldin?) and begins to talk.

Of course I'm on your side please. Why wouldn't I be on your side? Please as long as you don't hurt me please. I guess I'm actually on the side of science, if that even counts please. I don't know if it really counts, its not one of the 9 classic alignments, which reminds me of the 4 classic elements. I'm not really sure why there's only four of them though please. Anyway I hope you're on the good side of the alignment please, it would please me to find out you're unlikely to hurt me please. I guess you would say I'm True Science alignment please? So I guess I could be on your side please depending on your stance on science. Just look at the table.

He pauses for a second, gesturing to the table, which has far less of the technology that was present before the dreamscape fight started.

I was working on stuff please. The Sorrowsorn offered us a large grant and large supplies please of this green crystal, as well as that much tougher crystal on the moon please, provided we'd work on some inventions. He seemed like not quite the pleasant please fellow please. But he said he wouldn't kill us gnomes and star elves please and so we set about working on this green crystal, I call it please Kiradia, with it we could make some interesting stuff please. Like right now I'm wearing this outfit please. It lets me endure the effects of space please. You know I always found space so romantic, it's like an endless beyond please. Although I guess it's not so romantic when you get to the moon, it's barren and just being there kills you without protection please. But yes, we we're working with that as well as the defense mechanism dodecahedron of time-spaceyness it lets us make Dreamscapes please. Too bad so much of our work is going to be delayed because of you guys please. Oh please don't take that as an insult Mr... Scary Cat Owner please. I think you're a beautiful person please, much like my 4th wife Trisha who was significantly more attractive than my 6th wife La-Sha please. If it pleases you, may you please life this table please off of me please? It is quite heavy. This crystal is actually quite heavy, as is the moon, and my 3rd wife Leeana please. Boy was Leeana quite the shrew. Anyway, so I am, or was please, doing research for the Sorrowsorn with some of my colleagues. We also made those two portals please. I'm sure you want to know what they are please. They do look quite intimidating, not unlike my 9th wife, Pleasia please, but bless her heart please, she was truly a caring woman please. One portal leads to Gurrah and the other to the moon please. Did I mention before that the moon is romantic please? I don't know if I believe that anymore, it is rather dull when you get there. Pleasantly though please, it pleases me to please my current wife, Pleasa please, with pleasant presentations of the pleasing moon please.

Please you to answer any more questions please?

Please don't hurt me please...

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Eldon moves the table off of the gnome (with Mr. Scruffy's help if necessary). 

Where can we get outfits like yours?  And can you tell us more specifics about any defenses on the moon we might encounter?  And please stop saying please.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:05 pm

The gnome get's up and brushes himself off.

Thank you very much pl-, thanks.

He then cups his and and spits into it, slowly the green crystal encompassing him begins to disappear and his saliva begins to shape into a rod and crystallizes in a green crystal rod. He then points at the table and various rods still laying about on the ground.

You just have to eat the rods pl-, er um. When you want to take it off then just spit into your hands and the crystal will seep away from your body and reform in your hand pl-... ok? As for the moon, I would not go without these rods, some way of burrowing, and maybe an individual good at jumping or flight. They're expecting you by now please... OH NO IM SORRY DON'T HURT ME PLEASE! I'm so sorry I said the p-word.

Stats for Crystal Rods:
Encompasses your body in a form of green crystal, causing no harm to the user or lack in mobility. Grants Endure Elements (Space Only). Does not prevent low gravity effects of Space. Additionally grants a -4 to Charisma checks and skills due to you look weird. (Does not effect spells/day or spell DC's)

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Hiro stops hugging Qarr and heads over to the gnome. 

Where is this large supply of crystal you mentioned?  Our group is in need of it, and you may be able to help us out with our quest. 

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 am

Qarr catches several deep breathes

Finally, I can breathe again!

The Gnome slowly waddles away from Eldin and looks at Hiro

Well the green crystal is all along the walls, but it's only good for miniature scientific items please. Like the breathable rods, but there's enough on the floor for all of you please. The awesome crystal, which my boss told me you need for a powerful crystal machine please, is on the moon please. You can go get a lot, but to make what you guys are thinking of in such a short time would require the best crafter ever.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:10 pm

The University

The orangeness of Is' vision fades away and he finds himself standing in a familiar room. The room, so small that, as soon as Is enters it he finds that he has his head tilted. At the only table of the room sits a gnome Is' is familiar with, one Dr. Marcoh (sp?). Perched on his shoulder is his Raven familiar, who notices Is' presence.

Raauw! Looks like we got company! Raauw!

Dr. Marcoh doesn't look up at all from his work and merely says "Is there anything with which I can assist you?"

Is roll a listen check.

The Bird Room

Suddenly Eldon see's an image if Idris
"Sending! Retrieved clock, encountered demon. Will head to other clock location. Hope you are well and successful. Gurrah  in state of chaos. See you soon."
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:27 pm

(To the group) Idris just sent me a message.  They have the clock and are on their way to the other clock.  Gurrah is in chaos.  We better get moving.

Eldon collects the all of the rods.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Ok, for the Bird Room group I'm just going to go ahead and say what happens next since it's obvious and we're fast forwarding RP kinda. So, I'll post the plot/start of next fight tomorrow or whenever Shao next posts.

Is is on a separate adventure kinda. He will catch up or something.

In the meantime:
Everyone completely heals and stuff (Hiro was a wand of Cure Light Wounds which turned out to also be a rod of lesser restoration! (there was a sale!!))

If there is any spells/things you want to do before you enter the space portal mention it now (i.e. I want to cast "protection against fire"). Note this may or may not mean you will be fighting the moment you enter said portal.

Shao we just fast forward RP on FB at some point tomorrow afternoon.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Hiro rebuffs himself with Cat's Grace (+4 dex), Bull's Strength (+4 strength), and Fox's Cunning (+4 int).  If anyone else wants these buffs, let me know because I have them all on wands.  The effects should last for the entire battle assuming we buff up right before.  Hiro also casts Resist Energy (acid) on himself.  This gives a DR 30 against acid damage.  If anyone else in the party wants any DR 30 resistance against energy buffs (any energy type- you pick), I can do that for you.  If anyone else has better buffs, please share Very Happy

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm

I will post my buffs later tonight. Headed out of the house now...

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm assuming that means daily spells also reset...  And are we lvl 13 now then?  Did we decide about that whole thing?

Eldon casts *Polymorph* on himself and Mr. Scruffy turning himself into a Sun Giant and Mr. Scruffy into a Young Red Dragon.
He additionally casts the following spells:
Mage Armor (himself and Mr. Scruffy)
Shield (himself only)
See Invisibility (himself only)
Protection from Cold (himself and Mr. Scruffy)
Greater Invisibility (Mr. Scruffy only)
Mirror Image (himself only)
Fly (himself only)

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes, basically everything is reset by Hiro's now "wand of plot device"

Wow, holy hell buffs. This is going to be hard to make interesting. I'm assuming you guys are good to go then?

Please keep all changes via buffs on char sheet if possible.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Qarr emits a loud "Hrmph!"  After gaining negative levels of badass from Hiro's hug and feeling completely inferior to Mr. Scruffy, he looks discontent.  He flies over to Hiro and snatches the "wand of plot device."  He starts waving the wand in the air trying to activate more of its power, "Can't this thing do anything useful?"  

To Pablo- Qarr will be joining in the next fight, and assume he's invisible from the start.

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Yessir.

I'm finishing up the encounter.

Fak u Qarr, wand of plot device is best wand
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 am

The University

Is, looks around, confused.
Well... That was a bit unexpected...

Uhh...
Marcoh

Yes?

What have you been doing?
Is asks as he hears an explosion outside.

believe I have been finishing some important alchemical research as well as research about the clocks as per requested by your comrades. I have already handed my notes to your aassimar friend just yesterday in fact, I assume you have not met with her?

No, I haven't met with Qailee act...

Another explosion catches Is off gaurd.

What is that?!

I believe the city is in a state of disarray, I, however, am quite occupied.

Wait, so the city is in riot and ruins, but you have just been here the entire time? No matter, you were talking about Quailee, right? Not another Aasimar?

Yes, I was speaking of your friend. I have not sat completely idle, I am working on the materials your friends have requested after all.

What Materials?

Some alchemical substances, poisons, explosives, etc. Your friend asked me to assist her by providing them. Oddly enough she has not come to collect them yet. But anyhow, you are now here, I assume you have come for a good reason?

Actually, no, I haven't. But that's because I don't know WHY I am here...
You see, I more or less...died

Well, then where were you before you perished?

Uhh...It was a dungeon with Dane, there were lots of workers, odd crystals, and a demon

Workers? Were they perhaps a group of gnomes and star elves?

Yes, I think

Quite interesting a large amount of them had been running out from the temple of the Pheonix not too long ago...

Odd crystals? Anything else of interest?

The demon is expected of course.

I can't...really tell you, I wasn't there after the fight to look at things more closely

Well, lets go. If you are now here and you had been dead somewhere else, it stands to reason that you were meant to be here and fetch me. With that, Marcoh gets up and begins to waddle out the door. Is begins to follow him as the enter they walkdown the hallway, Moriarty perched on Marcohs shoulder.

Noticing Is seems disoriented, Marcoh asks
Are you quite alright? The streets are quite violent currently
and our good friend Ouros, defender of the city seems to have perished

I am quite fine... Actually, I have never felt better.
I am sorry, who?

The pair reaches to the doors to the university, which Marcoh then opens, outside is the now burning city of Guraah, some sorcers can be seen tossing flames, a cople of demonic creatures are flying around as well as some members of the king of life, it appears to be a 3way fight, marcoh begins to waddle in the direction of the temple of the pheonix.
Ah , it is no matter. He was an important member of the cities de fense. May I ask, what were you doing in Dane? , it is no matter. He was an important member of the cities defense. May I ask, what were you doing in Dane?

Before Is can properly explain himself, he quickly runs to Marcoh, picks him up, and drags him out of a potentially incoming fireball

Woah, there

We were in Dane... gah, another one! To look for another mech, like the one we found here.

Ah! And was there one? Marcoh asks as he casts flesh to stone on the sorcerer casting fireball.

Some odd-looking Aassimar thing told us that we need 4, and that it was bad.. OW! WATCH WHERE YOU POINT THAT THING! that we pulverized the last one we faced.

The temple, now in sight of the pair, seems largely untouched

But of course! Ms. Nevviny informed me when she finished translating the book. I assume the assimar looked somewhat demonic? I assume we will have to make a new one, the moon is where the materials are correct?

Screw THIS ! Is exclaims as he dodges another fire from the sky. Is runs off as fast as he can with Marcoh into the temple, knocking people over as he goes.

The temple is mostly empty, a few individuals are silent praying, but very few, it's very calm inside despite the action inside. Is looks around and notices a trap door in the back

YEAH! We gotta go to the frigging moon, but even then we will... OUT OF MY WAY... ugh, finally... we will need an entire year to build a mech

Perhaps...

But I am indeed the finest crafter of this generation, we shall see if I cannot cut the time in less than half! Although it would appear we do not even have four months like previously thought.

Something like that.

Through a strange compulsion not unlike someone pressing buttons to move his arms and legs, Is goes to open the trap door, albeit cautiously, there is a ladder downward.

Shall we?

Is looks for a torch and finds two on the wall, he tosses one downwards, as it hits the bottom he hears a Clank and then some gasping.

"Where do we go?!"
"Just hide!"

Well, shall we? Marcoh begins to climb down

Guess we'll just deal with them when we get down there Is climbs down after Marcoh

Upon reaching the bottom, Is see's Marcoh simply standing put, no one is in sight except for one Tiefling with a whip similar to the tieflings in the dreamscape/bird room. There is a table with a bunch of reasearch equipment on it as before and there are a a few gnomes and star elves hiding behind it. Is hears a large vortex noise, which is the massive purple portal further back on the room.

Intruders! Growls the Tiefling

he begins to run towards Is

Shall I handle this?

I have a torch, you go ahead, I'll follow up

Marcoh lifts his hands up and a rainbow of colors flashes from his hands, the tiefling stands still, the gnomes and star elves all stand and stand completely still, all of them fascinated by the display of colors above Marcoh

Shall we proceed then?

A moment.
Is takes the whip from the Tiefling and ties his (her) hands with it
How did you know about this place?

I did not, you found the trap door.

...where would you have gone if I hadn't see the door?

I would have searched and then most likely found the door as well. I am as astute as you are.

works for me.

Is can now hear the tiefling drooling from fascination

Shall we?

Hmm... Please don't ever hit me with that spell...
After you.

I would not dream of it, it is harmless and they will be fine within 60seconds, now then

Marcoh goes through the portal, Is follows, losing count of how many times he's had to walk through weird doorways of some sort, Is loses vision for a moment and then regains it, through the portal is Marcoh as well as the Bird room. Umkelt is still "weeping" near his masters corpse... which is still laying on the ground.

The MOON

Edlin, Hiro, Qarr, Mr. Pheonix Scruffy, and Spunky stepped through the portal just moments before Is managed to arrive in the room. They feel a wild rushing feeling and their vision rushes through clouds, then space, then they see themselves approaching a big gray rock in the sky. The rock, which is clearly the moon, enlarges and the party soon finds themselves standing on the surface of the moon, a portal behind them, gray rock underneath them... and casterleveld6whirlingdeathforhumans all around them!

In front of the party is 3 Tieflings, two are wearing robes (w1 and w2) and have floating fluorescent hands next to them and another, which is floating in the sky (30ft above his point on the grid), is wearing clerical vestments (C)

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 7 Encoun10
(S = Spunky, H = Hiro, E = Eldin, S = Scruffy, Q = Qarr (currently in same square as Hiro), the BLUE is the portal you came from and the BROWN lines are wooden 20ft tall walls)

SURPRISE ROUND!!!

Immediately, W1 and W2 shoot of gray rays at Spunky, Hiro recognizes them as Ray's of Enfeeblement (since he cast it previously) (everyone else role Spellcraft DC15 to recognize). Before Spunky can react he gets hit by both beams and feels his strength drain from him (Spunky takes 15 STR dmg).

The Clerical Tiefling, then lifts both his hands and fires off a purple wave at Eldin, who immediately loses his flight, See Invisibility, Protection from Cold, and Haste buffs (Spellcraft to identify what hit Eldin).

Finally, the whirling blades of death (covering the area in black on the map) begin to cut at the party (Spellcraft to identify, Everyone roll Reflex Save). Except the blades seem to be unable to hit Eldin (Spell resistance...)
(Everyone Roll Initiative, a spot check, and a listen check)

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Eldon also casts Comprehend Languages just in case and just before the group steps through the portal will cast Haste on the group.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Note: I did not forget about Mirror Image. The clerical vestment tiefling hit you.

Btw, you guys may roll up to 9 Spellcraft checks to determine what appears to be a series of aura's on the clerical vestment opponent

Due to the low gravity of the moon, all distances covered by jump checks are multiplied by 5. Falling dmg and falling object dmg are divided by 5 (rounding down)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Initiative
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+2

Spot (second for Mr. Scruffy)
Philliam carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
8 , 19
+0/4

Listen (second for Mr. Scruffy)
Philliam carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
3 , 2
+0/4

9 Spellcrafts
Philliam carried out 9 launched of one D20 :
20 , 14 , 4 , 10 , 5 , 5 , 2 , 12 , 1
+19

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Looking around, Eldin doesn't notice anything other than the 3 enemies and whirling blades of death for humans. Mr. Scruffy, however see's something flying towards the group from a distance. It appears to be very far away and winged. Neither Eldin or Mr. Pheonix Scruffy can hear anything of any importance.

Eldin, seeing what appears to be a large amount of abjurations on the clerical vestment Tiefling, quickly runs through his mind all the potential aura's he think there might be as well as other nearby spells.

The spell that had most recently hit him was definitely Greater Dispel Magic, which, when it hits a target, can dispel multiple buffs placed upon them. Given the strength of the spell, the clerical vestment tiefling must be at least equivalent caster level to Eldin.

The whirling blades are blade barrier, 1d6 per caster level, reflex save for have, but subject to spell resistance, so the blades merely glance off Eldin.

Looking at the clerical tiefling, he notices the tieflings eyes are solid white, a clear indication that the spell True Seeing is in effect, which allows the tiefling to see past Eldin's polymorph/multiple copies.

Eldin is fairly certain that the Tiefling also has cast spell resistance on himself. Based of the golden smoke emanating from the Tiefling and the white aura around the Tiefling, Eldin is sure the Tiefling has Divine Power and Death Ward active, giving him massive physical strength and immunity to negative energy effects.

The wisps of red smoke coming from the two wizards and the clerical Tiefling is a spell Eldin has seen many times, Protection from Energy [fire]. Given the Tieflings level and the strength of the aura, it is most likely very high.

Finally, Eldin is able to make out a Shield of Faith and Magic Vestment on the Tiefling, which provides shield and armor bonuses.

As Eldin is Identifying spells, he hears the clerical Tiefling shout in abyssal to the wizards below
"The Giant is a sorcerer! and he has polymorphed his cat into an invisible dragon. Prepare our opponents for our elementals to strike from below"
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:45 pm

Moon

Hiro:

Reflex save = d20 + 10
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :

Initiative = d20 + 5

Spot check = d20 + 2(familiar bonus)

Listen = d20 + 2(familiar bonus)

Knowledge Devotion check (for my additional attack bonus throughout the fight) = d20 + 8

9 Spellcraft checks = d20 + 21
Grape carried out 9 launched of one D20 :
14 , 20 , 19 , 13 , 16 , 11 , 6 , 17 , 18

Qarr:

(don't forget Qarr has spell resistance 18)

Reflex save (improved evasion feat lets him take no damage on success or half if fail) = d20 + 11

Spot check = d20 + 8

Listen = d20 + 8

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

The Bird Room

Is blinks a few times to adjust to the new location he arrived at. Somewhat to his surprise, it's the crystal-filled room where his dead body is supposed to be. Out of curiosity, Is decides to look for his own body, since not many can say that they have seen their own corpse after the fact. Looking around the room, he notices the ruined furniture, broken weapons, and motionless corpses strewn about.

As he rounds the corner, he spots his body, and remembered that Umkelt has been left behind, now coiled up around the corpse, also motionless. As Is approaches the ashwurm, Umkelt stirs to see who approaches, to Is' relief. He lives. Not surprisingly, the ashwurm is confused. How could there be two of the same rider? One dead and lifeless on the ground, another alive and well, but dressed in simple silk cloth. Both smell the same, feel the same, and even have the same footsteps.

Despite understanding the obvious confusion in Umkelt, Is slows and calmly walks forward, extending his hand, as if driven by instinct. The Autumn Wurm must have something to do with this, he thinks to himself. As his hand landed on Umkelt's forhead, a glowing symbol of the Autumn Wurm begins to form under the hand. At the same time, the flesh of Is' corpse begins to unravel, turning into fine sand that swirls and ebbs and flows around the duo, rider and wurm. A fraction of the Last Storm. A gift from the Autumn Wurm, literally. Moments later, the symbol on Umkelt's head and the flowing sand disappeared, as suddenly and quietly as they have appeared, and both the ashwurm dragoon and the steed implicitly understood something they never knew, yet have always known before.

In silence, Is picks up and dons his equipment. In silence, the ashwurm allows the rider to mount once more. After all is done, Is turns to Marcoh, Do you know which way the rest of the party went? And are you coming along with us?
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:11 pm

I should probably say what haste does since everyone (except me now) has it.  +1 bonus on attack rolls, a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using the creature's full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. All of the hasted creature's modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject's normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature's jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Mr. Scruffy meows down to Eldon, "Something is flying at us from a distance."

Eldon says to the group, "They are protected from fire and the flying one is immune to negative energy and can see through all illusions.  There is also a chance that something elemental is below us..."

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Oh and Mr. Scruffy sees something flying in from a distance.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next