Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Empty Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Plot Recap since the party received the first Mech (for specifics please ask on OOC post):

The party had elected to split into 2 groups after defeating the Danes outside of Gurrah. Hiro, Eldin, Qailee, Is, Spunky, Sylar, and Kinless decided to go to an unexplored location in order to find one of the Mech. Meanwhile, Gherrick went with Mr. Bones and Idris back to the lair of the Kobold Queen to retreive the Mech that they know is there.

The group with Is et al. traveled until the encountered a camp that was excavating an entire dungeon with slaves. The group recognized them as Danes. With advanced reconnaissance from Sylar and Eldin's cat, the group learned that there was a man, Otok, overseeing all the operations at the camp and ensuring that the slaves behaved properly. In the cover of night Sylar snuck into the camp and managed to assassinate Otok in his sleep, only to be captured by guards later. Panicked, the party mounted an attempt to rescue Sylar, only to discover that he was receiving wonderful treatment in the form of grapes and wenches. Additionally the slaves had been freed, with the guards saying, "no one liked Otok anyway."

The next morning, Is et al. Entered the dungeon, with the exception of Qailee who said she would catch up. After setting off the security system of the dungeon, the party heroically fought crystal griffons. Upon emerging victorious an Assimar named Y'nul who had demonic features and Qailee emerged. They treated the party as guests (and made them tea!) and explained the details of the end of the world (giant demon in Mech, etc, etc, 4 months til it ends, etc, crystal only found on the moon, more etc). Despite one of the Mech's being destroyed, the party decided to head to the city of Dane anyway. Once there they breached the walls and peacefully rampaged across the city until the found the Temple of the Pheonix in Dane. They discovered an dungeon underneath and, after passing through a lava filled maze, arrived at a room filled with scientists and portals.

MEANWHILE. Gherrick et co have traveled to the lair of the Kobold Queen, after semi-peacefully traversing the dungeon they are now a room away from where the first clock/mech was originally located.

CURRENTLY:
Hiro, Eldin, Is, Sylar, and Kinless now are now standing on the balcony of the bird room (it looks like a bird viewed from above) at the head portion of the room. at the end of the balcony (which is the beginning of the neck of the bird) is a ladder leading down about 50ft into an easily viewable room that forms the rest of the bird. At the end of the two wings are two portals of a purple hue (Roll Spellcraft), in the center of the room is a large table about 100ft long with several gnomes and star elves working, overseeing them are four red hue'd humanoids (Roll Knowledge: The Planes) as well as two clerics (Knowledge: Religion). Along the edges of the room is a bunch of green crystal, which Kinless recognizes as being the same material as the key to the Mecha he owns. The Width of the room, wing to wing, appears to be ~300ft, length, tail to head, seems to be 100ft. The ceiling is 30ft higher than the balcony the group stands on. At the tail end of the room is a ladder that leads all the way from the ground floor to a hole in the ceiling. So far no one has noticed the group.

Quick Edit: Forgor to add Whitey, the White Bard.
Mr. Bones, Gherrick, Whitey, and Idris are currently looking around the corner of a hallway into the room that originally housed the first Clock/Mech. In the room, as fate would have it, is the Kobold Queen. She seems to be conversing with a strange robed man (Roll Spot to read lips). The room is dark, but the clock clearly still remains at the center of the room. Idris whispers to Gherrick, "I cannot make out what they are discussing, are you capable of understanding their speech? And I beseech you please for once behave Mr. Prince"

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun May 19, 2013 3:20 am

Mr. Bones (I guess we'll just call him that from now on)

My spot check sucks, but I rolled it anyway. I don't understand this dice roller or how to add modifiers and such, so I just used the wizards.com roller, and got

SPOT to read lips: 11

Probably not sufficient to read the lips of the Kobold queen & robed man.

(whispering) I'm not sure what they're saying either... Gherrick? Can you tell? Does anyone recognize the robed man, or at least his style of dress?

I don't have any relevant knowledges to identify/recognize the man... so no rolls from me there.

Also, I've not yet leveled up Mr. Bones to 11 or 12 or whatever level we're supposed to be (he's still 7), but I'll have that done by tomorrow. My spot check won't have been affected by the levels though.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 21, 2013 12:08 am

Since Group Hiro is all busy, I'll just update group Gherrick?

Idris ponders for a moment before whispering It looks like those robes are that of a high member of the Temple of the Pheonix...what that person would be doing here... I would not know.

The pair continue conversing, the person whose voice is hidden by robes begins to increase to a shout ( a femenine voice) "...I told you they woULD COME. THEY HAVE BEEN WATCHING US FOR A WHILE NOW. The robed figure turns and points straight at Idris.

SEND YOUR GAURDS THIS INSTANT! AND IDRIS AND DEAR GHERRICK YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I AM DOING HERE SOON ENOUGH!

Gaurds! Intruders! the Queen yells as she turns towards the party.

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Tue May 21, 2013 3:08 am

*Rolls Initiative*: Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D6 :

Thanks btw, the orange is MUCH better
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 am

Okay, I don't remember, did you say that the clerics were over our head?

Hmm, hey you magic people. Can y'all tell what those shiny portal thingamgigs are for?

Listen check made by my ashworm for anything unseen from the balcony
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
Modifier: +9
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Side view of the room by the side so you can better visualize

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Wingro11
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Tue May 21, 2013 10:14 pm

<b><size=18>Bird Room Group</size></b>

Spellcraft roll for portals:
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+13

Knowledge: The Planes for humanoids:
+6

Knowledge: Religion for the clerics:
+6

Actions will depend on info gained from rolls Very Happy

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm

This is ending "mondays post", I'm not going to update again until Friday since people are still leveling and stuff.

Bird Room Group

Hiro recognizes the two portals as being inter-planar portals. They allow for individuals to teleport between one portal location and another portal location, with effectively no range limitation as long as both portals are made at the same time. You also recall that studying them up close can let you determine where they teleport to without having to step into them. The red-hue'd individuals you think might be outsiders, but you're not certain. One of the clerics is dressed as though he worshiped the King of Life, the other appears to be a member of the Temple of the Pheonix.

They're currently talking to each other (Spot to read lips or listen to attempt to hear them) but it's very loud over the sound of the Gnomes and Star Elves. They appear to be working on a variety of devices being made of the green crystal. One object looks like a mirror stand (so basically a base with a rod coming through it and then forming a circle at the top, the circle has a hole in it), the rest look like a series of tubes.

Kobold Room Group

The sound of footsteps begins to fill the room of the Kobold Queen. Idris, now behind the wall and out of site of the Robed woman, says, "I cannot fathom who that woman could be. We should prepare ourselves for the worst" (Roll Initiatives)

Whitey instead stands in front of the door with arms wide open.
New friends gives hugs?!

Wendnesday will have both rooms exact layouts, but you don't have to post what you're going to do until Friday
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Wed May 22, 2013 1:29 am

Skill Checks (just in case we are able to know more) First is Eldon's roll, second is Mr. Scruffy's.
Spellcraft for Portals

Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+15
+11
Knowledge: Planes for Humanoids
+12
+12
Listen for Convo
+0
+4
Spot for Lip-Reading
+0
+4

BTW: My familiar now has intelligence equal to Eldon's (12).

My action also depends on check info.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 am

Kobold Room Group

As a note, the initiative I rolled earlier was intended for this room for Prince Altero of Kheld (to save the scrolling and looking for it, it was a 4, derp. Clearly despite our time attempting to eavesdrop on them, the esteemed Prince did not possess the foresight to prepare himself for the possibility of a confrontation with the historically antagonistic Warmage Kobold royal).
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Bird Room

We can easily see everything, so are the humanoids equipped with armor and weapons?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Bird Room
I think they're just workers/crafters right?

Somebody who has sense motive try to meet a DC 20 to estimate how strong they are relative to us.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Bird Room

Well I assumed the people working with the crystal material were unequipped, but the humanoids and clerics might be wielding stuff.

Sense motive check to judge the enemy's strength relative to us (DC 20 check):
+9

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Wed May 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Boo diceroller, why are you so fair?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 12:12 am

Bird Room

I suppose I should make a check too in case I'm lucky. It's a very spunky thing to do anyway.

Sense Motive to gauge relative strength: Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+1

Note: edited b/c I messed up the syntax for the roller and it just printed the [] stuff instead of rolling.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu May 23, 2013 12:41 am

Bird Room

Sense Motive Checks in case I'm also lucky.
+0
+1

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Thu May 23, 2013 1:13 am

Bird Room
*Mage Armor* 9 hr duration
*Comprehend Languages* 90 min duration
*See Invisibility* 90 min duration

Just thought I would go ahead and cast these since they last so long. Maybe something invisible, that speaks a different language, and is about to attack me is around...

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 23, 2013 2:38 am

Bird Room

Layout, yes I lied about room length: Purple segment is the raised platform you're on. Ladder is directly in the center. Brown is the table, Blue is the portals, Green is crystal. T is the red humanoids and CR and CW is the Pheonix Cleric and the Life Cleric respectively.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Birdro10

Eldin recognizes the portals as well, recalling all the information Hiro has. Additionally, he can tell by the strength of the portals that both of them lead to several miles away. The one to the right of the part leads to somewhere EXTREMELY far away. Closer inspection is needed to determine where.

Glancing at the red-hued humanoids, he recognizes them as Tieflings, planetouched humans (so thing Demonic humans). While not an 100% garentee that they are malicious, Eldin remembers that Tieflings have a natural inclination to being evil (as assimars have a natural inclination to being good). They tend to be very dextrous and can create darkness at will.

With a combination of spot and listen, Eldin determines the two clerics seem to be talking about some sort of project for their master, you're pretty certain neither of them mean their respective god. You're certain you hear mention that those green rods and necessary for safe travel through the portal to the right and the portal to the left, you think you hear, leads to Guraah.

Hiro surveys the room and notices that the Tieflings all have whips and leather armor. The Clerics seem completely unarmed, not even holy symbols currently adorn their chests. He's pretty certain he could defeat the Tieflings easily, the Clerics look frail as well. Eldin draws a similar conclusion.

Spunky thinks they look like all other humans, except some of them are red colored.

Upon casting one of the Tieflings (the far left one) hears the noise and begins to head to the ladder.You see nothing invisible nearby.

If you're some lazy late to work Star Elf scum I promise I whip you good! he growls in Abyssal (which Eldin understands)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 am

Kobold Room

Layout. Green is clock area. G's are gaurds, KQ is Queen, Rob is the robed woman, P is the party (you may choose squares in the hallway to start in). The door is in the middle of the entryway to the room.
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe Kobold10

March in there! We shall not let them take our treasure!

Indeed... it is yours after all...
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 am

Sorry, I'm hella tired. So I'll roll initiatives for the Kobold room tomorrow and fix the update. Doesn't apply to bird room because you guys aren't in combat. If one of you chooses to startle or draw attention to your group (via attacking or w/e) you guys get a surprise round (duh) so if you want to start random combat you may go ahead and take actions in w/e order you want (and you'd roll initiatives after). Other than that, next update is Friday.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 3:52 am

Bird Room

Spunky: *whisper-growls to group* "Is any here I no can fight?"

If nobody says otherwise within about 1.5 seconds, Spunky will charge the Cleric of the Phoenix. I Leap Attack-Battle Jump-Power Attack for 5; I can't fail the jump check to reach my target, nor the check to mitigate 10' of fall damage I will take.

Attack Rolls (Claw 1, Claw 2, Bite, respectively):
Caligstro Smith carried out 3 launched of one D20 :
13 , 12 , 1
each is +15 with the charge.

Damage for each Claw:
(2D6+19)*4
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
3 , 1
For first Claw hit (if it does).

6 , 2
For second Claw hit (if it does).

Damage for Bite:
(1D4+7)*4
Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D4 :

If either claw hits, Free Grapple Check:
Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+27

If Grapple Check Succeeds, 2 Free Rake Attacks:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
8 , 7
each is +15

Damage for each Rake:
(2D6+12)*4
3 , 1
For first Rake (if it hits)

1 , 5
For second Rake (if it hits).

ggggrrRRRRRAAAWWWWRRRRHHHAA!!!!!!

Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 am

(Simplified numbers from the above, for easier reading, now that I know the rolls):

Claw 1 Attack: 28
Claw 1 Damage: 92 (piercing and slashing both)
Claw 1 Grapple: 29

Claw 2 Attack: 27
Claw 2 Damage: 108
Claw 2 Grapple: (I forgot to roll this, but if it's needed then I'll do it then)

Bite attack: (missed; nat1)

Rake 1 Attack: 23
Rake 1 Damage: 64

Rake 2 Attack: 22
Rake 2 Damage: 72
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 am

Oh, I forgot to account for my fall damage:
Caligstro Smith carried out 4 launched of one D6 :
1 , 2 , 2 , 3
Sum(4D6)-8 (b/c of DR)

Then my snakes attempt to hit:
Caligstro Smith carried out 4 launched of one D20 :
12 , 20 , 18 , 8
(an 11 or better hits). For each hit I heal 16 hp.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Bird Room

Spunky leaps into the air and lands upon the Pheonix cleric, as he does his and the party's vision seems to becomes tinted blue roll Listen check.. Spunky tears apart at the Pheonix cleric, the cleric begins to drop and his body in the meantime transforms into a mangled spiderlike creature (or whats left of it does).

Immediately the other cleric begins to change shape and the Tieflings begin to draw their whips DC 5 spot revels they are spiky whips.. The Gnomes and Star Elves look around with panic.

You make biggest mistake! growls the Tiefling on the ladder.

Surprise round for the party continues. Roll initiative after you're all finished.

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Bird Room

From the time that the party completed the maze until we reached the balcony, Hiro has healed himself with wand of cure light wounds.

Since we are all for just charging in and asking questions later:

During the surprise round, Hiro uses his move action to fall off the balcony. His ring of feather falling activates allowing him to fall to the ground safely (60 ft falling move speed).

After hitting the ground, Hiro casts Ray of Enfeeblement at the Tiefling nearest the clerics.

Ranged touch attack:
+15

The Tiefling takes strength damage equal to 1D6 + 5
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D6 :
+5

Initiative roll:
+5

Listen check for cleric thing:

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next