Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts

Post by CromTheConqueror Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:45 pm

So is the land between the borders of Mearc/Tryvold/Visnia just bandit lands or can we make a nation there?
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts - Page 3 Empty Re: Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts

Post by MidgetNinja Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 pm

It's mostly going to be the wastes, well the big empty chunk there in the center anyway, I've an article about a quarter of the way written up on it now as it were.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Sounds good.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 pm

MN, what are your ideas for that bit of land? I was actually thinking of making something right there. I'm pretty sure in some of the stuff Bronx has written that Mearc has actually fallen apart, so I was going to make a small city state that declared independence there, allowed to exist because it guards one of the mountain routes.

It also cements the idea that there are the Veannelands and the people from it.

However, I don't think I declared dibs before, so if you really want it it's up to you.

Also about the Wastes, there are some broken states that buffer the civilized areas from the center of it (I have them somewhat planned out, three already figured out). It doesn't make sense to have "uncivilized, uncivilized, uncivilized, now suddenly civilized" like some definite border.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://rokk.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:52 am

Well you have borderlands like in Warhammer for example. Places where warbands and bandits make settling there equivalant to fighting a war...for what? A wasteland that would centuries to gain something from? I imagine there are plenty of frontier settlers from Tryvvold, Mearc, Visnia with semi-indepedent fortified towns that bring some order but in general have to scrap out a living and are occassionally wiped out before new settlers come into rebuild and even press in further over the decades.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 am

I'd be interested too see it for sure, though I did have in mind an idea for a 'buffer state' of my own south of Tyrvold, comprised mostly of barbaric warlords, despots, and the like...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:04 am

It was going to be a very small city state, centered around a fortress, that would guard the east pass of the mountains and border Mearc. I'll write up a nation profile if you'd like.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 pm

I was actually thinking of writing up something about a City State of my own, sort've a 'free city' so to speak, though more directly equated too a 'City o Thieves.'

Which really doesn't do my idea justice, it was something along the lines of a self governed city that sprung up overnight due a gold rush, and then spiraled out of control until a bunch of local guilds muscled in and took shite over, instigating the Conclave, and the surrounding nations to 'roflstomp' them the heck up.

After which control of the city fell under a large amount of dispute up too a point were the Conclave was forced to chair a negotiation declaring the city officially 'Independent' of foreign control, despite the rather large occupation force sitting on it's doorstep, and the Heavy Conclave presence maintained thereafter.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:57 am

I'm not sure if that's the best focus for such a major location...

Besides, the location is very important and has to have a pretty rich history. Perhaps that's best further towards the Wastes?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 am

Perhaps...I just rather enjoyed the idea of some kind've rouge city of no small renown that's sort of a hot button issue...

But I suppose I could find room for it else where...or perhaps just adjust the lore a bit and use one of the occupied Atimarian cities as a staging ground for said scenario.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 am

Also, before I forget least something of the magnitude of the whole 'Southlands' fiasco occurs again, DIBS on that northern forest thing/mountain tip thing to the right of the Dra`Ghul isles.

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Kingdom Development: Claim Land Tracts - Page 3 Claime11

Blue indicates an expanded Atimar. They always struck me as pretty damn small. Reduction is fine but I still firmly believe they need a bit more land.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 pm

I was thinking including the second isle as well, in the bay to the right...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Actually... Didn't someone already ask for that? I thought they did...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Can I get the land to the west of the Wailing Mountain.

Last edited by CromTheConqueror on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by MidgetNinja Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Jez we're gonna need to color code this 'claimed land' map before we loose touch completely with who owns what...

MidgetNinja

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 pm

That's actually a pretty good idea.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Can I get the land to the west of the Wailing Mountain.

That's supposed to not be populated, which is why Nasdem's borders are so weird. They just sent people west that couldn't fight when all they had was the fortress city guarding the pass and ended up with a decent chunk of land.

If you mean the very Northwestern tip of the peninsula, then yeah, you can probably have that.

I'll make another thing and color code it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CromTheConqueror Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:37 pm

I'll color code where I had in mind. Wrote a pretty badass nation profile for it.
CromTheConqueror
CromTheConqueror

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3