Realms of Kar'Kaish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

5 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by PlatGreenThunda Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Surprise round is normally a standard action only. Spunky got to move and standard act because he started the surprise round. However, I will let it happened since you already rolled

Bird Room

A ray shoots from Hiro's hand and hits the Tiefling, he begins to stumble from the enfeeblement and now looks like he's having trouble holding as much as his whip. Hiro hears a humming noise coming from right behind him, behind him is a large (~15 "diameter") dodecahedron floating. Hiro and the rest of the partys vision is now tinted dark blue.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 2 Empty Re: Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe

Post by Caligstro Smith Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Oh, I forgot to roll initiative for Spunky after the surprise round:

Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+7
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 pm

....aaaaaand there goes our resident monstrosity.
says Is as any and all sense of stealth is thrown out the window.
TO BATTLE!

Is then falls with Umkelt the Ashworm down the balcony...

Fall damage on the ashworm (I am assuming we all have full health now)
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D6 :
3 , 6 , 6 , 5

...activates the Mirthral Plate Armor of Speed, and charges at one of the clerics (CR or CW, not sure which. If both are clerics, then CR) with Heedless Charge (-5 to AC for +5 to damage) and all the attacks the pair can muster.

Is To-Hit:
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D20 :
17 , 14 , 13 , 14
+21, +21, +16, +11

Is Damage (If they connect):
nightwolf145 carried out 4 launched of one D8 :
6 , 5 , 5 , 4
Str Mod: +7, +7, +7, +7
Heedless Charge Dmg Bonus: +5, +5, +5, +5
Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x4, x4, x4, x4

Umkeltk the Ashworm To-Hit with Heightened Sting:
nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+15

Heightened Sting Poison Damage:
nightwolf145 carried out 6 launched of one D6 :
4 , 3 , 6 , 3 , 1 , 3
Str Mod:+10
DC 15 fort save for poison, 2d6 Str Initial & Secondary
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat May 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Summary

Ashworm takes 20 fall damage
Is has -7 to AC for the rest of this turn (from charging and heedless charge)
Is To-Hits for four attacks: 38, 35, 39, 25
Total Damage for each hit: 72, 68, 68, 64
Ashworm Heightened Sting To-Hit: 34
Ashworm Heightened Sting Damage (uh...it's just 1d6, not 6d6...sorry): 14
If EVERYTHING hits: 286 damage

By the way, Is ended up on the table, 10 feet away from the cleric, due to reach weapon.

Last edited by nightwolf145 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by nightwolf145 Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Oh crap initiative... My bad

nightwolf145 carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+2
nightwolf145
nightwolf145

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat May 25, 2013 9:55 pm

nightwolf145 wrote:Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x4, x4, x4, x4

As a heads up, your multiplier on Spirited Charge + Valorous Lance damage is off -- it's a x3 for both together, not x4. Remember multipliers are additive in D&D, so (x2)(x2) = x3. Your damage isn't as high as you thought, but I have a pretty good feeling that you killed the cleric in any case.

Also, how do you have 4 attacks on Is? Lances aren't slashing weapons, so even if you took the feat chain you couldn't benefit from Slashing Flurry, and your BAB can't possibly be more than +12, which would mean 3 attacks?
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Caligstro Smith wrote:
nightwolf145 wrote:Spirited Charge & Valorous Lance Multiplier: x4, x4, x4, x4

As a heads up, your multiplier on Spirited Charge + Valorous Lance damage is off -- it's a x3 for both together, not x4. Remember multipliers are additive in D&D, so (x2)(x2) = x3. Your damage isn't as high as you thought, but I have a pretty good feeling that you killed the cleric in any case.

Also, how do you have 4 attacks on Is? Lances aren't slashing weapons, so even if you took the feat chain you couldn't benefit from Slashing Flurry, and your BAB can't possibly be more than +12, which would mean 3 attacks?

Actually Kyle, you're mistaken. Spirited charge gives an x3 for lance charge dmg, so with valorous Shao does indeed do x4 (with an x3 he def wouldn't have killed him. I try to make these encounters a bit more than a simple walk in the park you know, so I'm glad you're making the most of your surprise round you jerkholes).

I checked because of how much damage it was.

Also it's clear that's no cleric.

Shao CR was the pheonix cleric. Sorry I was unclear, he already perished. SO I'm gonna say you hit CW instead. Don't edit your post or else your rolls go away.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat May 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Okay, wow, that's crazy, x3 damage for a feat... wut. My on the multiplier thing then.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sat May 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Technically we hadn't healed, but through divine providence you somehow did in the 4min it took to walk to this room.

Bird Room

Is and Umkelt charge after falling from the balcony. Lance in hand Is heroically impales the cleric mid shape transformation. Him and Umkelt being hacking at what barely looks like a cleric anymore. On his last swing Is brings his lance swinging down onto the horrendous form... which is stopped by the hand of what once was the cleric.

Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 2 Dndcw10
Knowledge: The Planes to recognize

With Is's Lance still within his hand, the Grey form now shrieks monstrously.
"Is that the best you can do mortal?"

Suddenly Umkelt rears his tail backwards and thrusts it into the chest of the figure. There is a small wince of pain in the face of the creature, but otherwise he seems unperturbed. He does seem to have sustained injury from Is' previous assault.Roll Heal to determine how damaged he is.

When your friend died? Was it because of how pettily you fight? he taunts Is.

A dark Aura seems to emanate from the being. Hiro, Qarr, Is, and Spunky roll Will saves.

The entire party can now barely make out figures, their vision is obscured by "blueness"

PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat May 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Bird Room

Spunky Will Save:
+24

Heal Check:
+1
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sat May 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh, and if it's a will save vs a fear effect I have another +2, which would make my total modifier +26, and the overall check (given the above roll) a 36, instead of a 34 like it otherwise would be.
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Philliam Sun May 26, 2013 12:23 am

Bird Room
I really, really thought I already posted. I must have pressed preview and not send afterwards...

Initiative
Philliam carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+1

Eldon casts *Sculpted, Explosive Fireball*. An orange bead streaks out to the left side (from his point of view) of the 16th across, 13th down square. As it hits, Eldon gestures to his right and flames streak across the room in a line and engulf the Tieflings.

DM ruling needed. Are the collisions caused by explosive spell knocking enemies into each other elastic or inelastic? I will roll for max knockback damages + collision and you can just take the proper amount of dice based on if they go all the way or run into somebody and stop (could also result from a successful reflex save from the second or third guy).

Tiefling 1 (from right to left on map)
Fireball Damage
Philliam carried out 10 launched of one D6 :
2 , 4 , 1 , 3 , 5 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 1 , 2
Explosive Damage (on failed reflex against the Fireball)
Philliam carried out 4 launched of one D6 :
2 , 1 , 2 , 4
Spell Resistance Check
+15

Tiefling 2 (from right to left on map)
Fireball Damage
4 , 6 , 5 , 5 , 6 , 3 , 3 , 1 , 4 , 2
Philliam carried out 4 launched of one D6 :
4 , 1 , 3 , 5
Spell Resistance Check
+15

Tiefling 3 (from right to left on map)
Fireball Damage
4 , 3 , 2 , 2 , 3 , 2 , 1 , 4 , 2 , 4
Philliam carried out 3 launched of one D6 :
6 , 4 , 4
Spell Resistance Check
+15

They need a reflex save of 19.

Knowledge: The Planes (for the faux cleric)
+12

?Knowledge: Arcana/Spellcraft (for blue tintiness)?
+10/17
Just thought that might be possible.

Philliam

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun May 26, 2013 12:46 am

Ill update Monday. I need to set up stuff.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun May 26, 2013 3:01 am

Hiro's will save:
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+8

Qarr's will save:
[roll="D20]1[/roll]
+9

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Sun May 26, 2013 3:02 am

I didn't edit the above post to keep the nat 20 will save!!

Qarr's will save:
Grape carried out 1 launched of one D20 :
+9

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun May 26, 2013 10:38 am

Just realized, Umklet needs to roll will save also
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun May 26, 2013 9:00 pm

Wow phillip, you just rumble ult'd, nice (at least as far as the cast command goes, haha)
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun May 26, 2013 10:47 pm

@phillip, I'll think about the ruling afterwards. Lucky it isn't currently relevant, but IDK how I would treat it.

Bird Room

As the Demon reveals it's true form an aura of Sorrow pervades around it. Spunky, being Spunky, feels no sorrow. Hiro recalls the loss of Van Qelsh to which his first and only thought is a resounding "meh" and shrugs it off. Is and Qarr however are not so lucky.

Is recalls the loss of his friend Van Qelsh, and the image of his friend being impaled repeatedly keeps playing in his mind regardless of what he does to distract himself. Qarr remembers one of his dear friends being converted to ash by some stick-in-the-mud paladin. Both Is and Qarr receive a -2 on all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks and skill checks Roll for Umkelt as well Shao, if he cannot beat DC26 Will save he suffers the same effects.

As Eldins vision succumbs to the blueness his fire travels across the room. Tiefling 1 (T1) and Tiefling 3 (T3) effortless dodge the flames. Tiefling 2 is not so lucky. The flames blast him across the room and towards Tiefling 1, who manages to dodge his flying compatriot in just a moments notice. He then falls to the ground unconscious and horribly burnt Heal Check to determine if alive

Before Eldin's vision completely fades, he recognizes the creature as a Sorrowsorn Demon, but can't recall many details about it other than it uses personal loss as a weapon against you. Eldin begins to ponder about the Blueness... he heard of a spell doing this before.

Suddenly everything is 100% obscured, and then in an instant everyones vision relights to merely a light blue tint.

Eldin find's himself standing on the celling...

Dreamscape Room

HUGE ERROR BTW, T2 IS IN THE SQUARE TO THE LEFT OF T1
Caravans of Dhan Ras Alternate Universe - Page 2 Dreams10

Everything is still tinted light blue, but not in a way that would obscure visibility. The room is no longer bird shaped, there are no walls at all in fact, but a mist surrounds the edges of the room. Eldin and Tiefling 4 stand on the "ceiling" of the room, as though gravity pointed up (that's side Alpha), everyone else stands at the bottom Roll Jump checks when desiring to swap panels. There are floating red number FOUR's over the place, as though they were illusions Also do not obscure visibility.

Eldin finally recognizes the spell by the effect. It's a dreamscape world, one where the rules of what works and happens doesn't necessarily follow real world rules. Suddenly Eldin is feels the same Aura as the rest of the group DC26 Will save or feel the same effects as the rest of the party as well as DC20 + Spell Level Concetration checks to cast spells.

Welcome to my playing field humans!!! Now you will all die here! shrieks the sorrowsorn demon.

Spunky is the first to act Congrats you won initiative!
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun May 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Finally as everyone looks up/down, the separation between "ceiling" and "floor" seems to be "indeterminable", it looks neither far nor near, it looks like both at the same time.
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Sun May 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Spunky Full attacks Bluish-Gray Demon looking guy who shouts challenge at him.

Claw 1 Attack, Claw 2 Attack, Bite Attack, all power attack for 5:
Caligstro Smith carried out 3 launched of one D20 :
15 , 5 , 14
each +13

Damage Claw 1:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
1 , 2
+19

Damage Claw 2:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D6 :
4 , 6
+19

Damage Bite:
Caligstro Smith carried out 1 launched of one D4 :
+12

If the sorrowsworn is Medium or smaller size, I get a free grapple check on my claw attacks:

Grapple Attempts 1 & 2:
Caligstro Smith carried out 2 launched of one D20 :
16 , 5
each +27

(the second one is needed only if the first fails)
I declare that I will attempt to continue fighting, rather than bring myself into a grapple (the sorrowsworn is considered grappled but I'm not currently, but I'm a penalty to future grapple checks to maintain it if it's opposed later)

We is fight! It is fun, but I not ever lose, hahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA....
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 pm

Spunky roll a Wisdom check (DC20+Wisdom)
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Grape Mon May 27, 2013 12:02 am

Did Qarr get transported to the dreamscape plane as well?

Grape

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon May 27, 2013 12:13 am

Grape wrote:Did Qarr get transported to the dreamscape plane as well?

Yes, he is currently on your shoulder or something.

Also in response to Spunkys earlier heal check:

Spunky sees the Sorrosworn is clearly maimed, but does not appear to have difficulty holding his own

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligstro Smith Mon May 27, 2013 12:55 am

Spunky Wisdom Check:
+1
Caligstro Smith
Caligstro Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatGreenThunda Mon May 27, 2013 1:17 am

Dreamscape Room

Spunky claws at the Demon, his hand flashes white.

As he does a claw, that looks 100% like spunkys, appears in front of Eldin and is in mid swipe. It gashes across his chest dealing 22 dmg to Eldin.

Spunky, not realizing his attack hit Eldin, claws again. This time the arm appears from the same spot, but only scrapes across Eldins Mage Armor.

Finally he swings face forwards to bite, as he does his face (and therefore his vision) appear in front of Eldin, but he is already mid bite. He bites Eldins arm dealing 16dmg Kyle, since Spunky has vision of Eldin, choose wether he continues his grapple. Otherwise Phillip must roll an opposed grapple. Eldin took 38 dmg total.

The demon looks down at the camel and chuckles "Cute"

Last edited by PlatGreenThunda on Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
PlatGreenThunda
PlatGreenThunda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next